Arkansas Timber hunt for Texas coast hunt

Discussion in 'Swap A Hunt Forum' started by Fishuhalik, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Fishuhalik

Fishuhalik Refuge Member

I appreciate the offer duckman, but we get whistlers too. If you want a mottled, I'll try to put you on one.

Cholt, I appreciate the offer but I won't take your money. That ain't what duck hunting's about brother

2. Fishuhalik

Fishuhalik Refuge Member

And I'm the opposite of most people. I'll tell OOSers my spots. They might hunt it once a year. It's the locals that I'm tight-lipped to

3. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

I understand that took some guys to some humps on open water and wire the ducks out two weeks later I returned to my spot before day light and couldn't believe someone was on my hump never had anyone hunt it before after day light the boat looked really familiar so now when locals want to go with me so called buddy's I usually take them to islands and I save my humps for me and my close friend that won't take it over. But about going with you I believe in paying my fair share like fuel and snacks it's the least I could do for someone that doesn't know me and is offering to put me on a sprig

4. Fishuhalik

Fishuhalik Refuge Member

Odds are, I won't be able to go with ya. I work on call 24/7, and we've been busy as heck lately. Plus, I've got a 5 day long trip scheduled for the 15-20th, so my boss is gonna work the crup out of me until that vacation. I've got 3 buds from North Dakota and 1 from Michigan (I was a Yankee until summer of '14) coming down to hunt, and one of the spots we'll be hunting is the same spot I'll be sending you to. You'll be here the 12th-14th, right?

5. Fishuhalik

Fishuhalik Refuge Member

Btw, what park of Alabama are you in? And do you ever get any cans? I could definitely be talked into a canvasback hunt. Haven't shot one in years

6. Fishuhalik

Fishuhalik Refuge Member

Ya know, I shoulda asked you this already, but are you gonna have a boat with you?

7. cholt

No I am not don't think my boat would work down there the guide has air boat that he takes you out in

8. cholt

IMG_0123.JPG I hunt guntersville a lot and we get tired of shooting cans a week ago we had up to 20 at a time decoying almost get tired of shooting them

9. cholt

What kind of boat would I need I have a 16 ft boat that I use here but we have water deep enough to use tiller steer motor from what I hear if you don't have have a air boat or a draft boat don't try it I hear there is a lot of rock down there

10. Fishuhalik

Fishuhalik Refuge Member

Yeah, that'd be pretty sketchy. I'm hunting an area that is shallow oyster/sand/rock bottom from the landing to the bay, then shallow mud in the actual area I'm hunting that varies in depth from 2"-12", depending on tides. Hmmmm...