Atheist Revolution, is it happening now

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Bands rule, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Bands rule

Bands rule Banned

Seems like a while back, 20 years ago, people were afraid to say they did not believe, or had the guts to say it.

Now with the internet and not having to face persecution, do you think people are getting more expressive on being a non-believer.

I know for a fact there is a higher power, but curious on what the fuge boyz think is going on.

Seems like a majority of guys on this site are non-believers and most polls show like only 5% of the population are non-believers.

2. muddy

muddy Elite Refuge Member

with the PC crowd today it seems like its the cool thing to be an atheist. Or its ok to be "spiritual",,whatever that means, but not ok to be Catholic

3. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

It's called people are 1) no longer just going to follow along because that's what you are supposed to do. 2) some have a hard time believing everything in the bible 3) some are annoyed at religious extremists that push their views onto others or made to feel like a bad person because they don't just follow along with organized religion. 4) some just think it is all complete b.s. 5) some get annoyed by others who always think that if anything good happens to them it was because of god and him only. 6) some preach less government in everyone's lifes yet wants the government to tell who they can marry and want them involved in personal decisions.

Don't jump me for these responses. These are some of the top things I hear when religion is brought up.

4. NCBADGES

NCBADGES North / South Carolina Flyway Moderator Moderator

I highly doubt that to be true.

It always amazes me at how offended and riled they get at the mention of Christ. How are you offended by something that you believe doesn't even exist? :l

ncb

5. lanthanide

lanthanide Elite Refuge Member

I almost don't want to even touch this one...but I guess I will.

Seems to me about 20 years ago we were drumming in the age of "tolerance"...tolerance for whatever you like...as long as it was not mainstream of the times.

EXAMPLE: We should tolerate homosexuals...today you must more than tolerate...you must celebrate their lifestyle. In that lifestyle you MUST see gender roles as artificial but being homosexual is natural. You see...Tolerance is more aggressive these days.

People can burn the flag and protest our country openly from within. I gotta put up with it...while they rally in anti-hunting causes to destroy my liberties. You need to accept without reservation the right to kill the unborn...but gather in masses to protest a convicted murderer being put to death.

I can go on and on.

Religion is a personal thing. I have my religion. It is not subject to "different" value sets. Faith can carry a person through a lot. I know. To destroy faith places your "salvation" not in the hands of whoever you call god...but in the hand of those who control society. Worse yet...it destroys a person's ability to rely on themselves.

THAT...is why certain groups seek to destroy religion. You can argue the value of religion all you like. I'd like to see someone argue that if we all tried to live by the 'ten commandments'...or may just the golden rule...that this country, if not the world, wouldn't be a better place.

So...there it is...tolerance for everything. But not religion...as that removes power from political entities. :amen

6. TexasRed

TexasRed Elite Refuge Member

I think it is more of people being offended by religion trying to be pushed on them. You see this especially with Republican candidates. I don't think anyone cares what you believe but it should end there.

7. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Well said! :)

8. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

Why do you fear the non believers ?

9. sjemac

sjemac Moderator

I don't think he does.:D

10. randy marci

randy marci Elite Refuge Member

me neither.....:no