ATV Sprayer Info.

Discussion in 'Habitat Forum' started by GooseNukem, Aug 17, 2017.

1. GooseNukem

GooseNukem Refuge Member

Anyone know of any after market booms or boom extensions for an atv sprayer. I have a fimco 25gal. with 10' of boom. Looking for something around 16'. Been looking online and have found nothing. Is there any out there?

2. da fowl slayer

da fowl slayer Elite Refuge Member

Without thinking I'm like

Go next size sq tube up from current boom

Slide it over current sq tubing you have now

Tack it or even drill a hole and use a pinremove it for ez disconnect

Adding hose Tees and tips are easy
    Everything you need at tractor supply except for sq metal tubing

2 3ft metal tubing
    2 pins
    4 tees
    6ft hose
    6 nozzles

Take longer to buy everything than to put it together

Not sure your pump handles the extra boom length and nozzles

Maybe it does

Might be worth a call to fimco
    They have been easy for me to work w
    It's been yrs but they were helpful

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  3. STL11

STL11 New Member

Like da fowl slayer suggested i would use square tubing with extra hose. I've made one for my tractor that way and have even used a 2x2 piece of wood for boom arms for the atv before. Simple and easy to make

4. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

The problem with adding to your boom is that you won't gain anything, meaning if you're trying to spray a large area, it won't get done any faster because you will need to reduce your speed to get adequate coverage on the plant (gal/acre). If you want to get done faster you will need bigger booms, pump and probably tank so you don't have to refill as much.

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  5. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife Refuge Member

Several broadcast sprayers available. It will depend on what size pimp you have as to what you can use. I have a boomjet I use on a tractor that has 50' of coverage. It is a cluster nozzle that has 5 tips on it. One I use on the utv is a single broadcast nozzle. Depending on the height you mount it covers 14-18'. Generally needs around 35 psi. I think you could get by with a 2gpm pump with one. Just search boomless sprayer nozzle. Lots of places make them.

6. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

I have a 12 ft sprayer & have been considering adding boomless to end nozzles. Wil this work?

7. Waterdog Trainer

Waterdog Trainer Senior Refuge Member

I have a Fimco boomless that will throw an approximate 30' swath. It needs the high flow pump to run it, 3.8gpm. The only issue with the boomless is with the pattern being so wide it is difficult seeing where you left off or not putting chemical where you don't want it. If you aren't worried too much about accuracy they are fine. Otherwise I think a boom would work much better. Fimco sells booms and also Master Mfg.

8. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

I've also got boomless. I'll echo the post above. I have the 5.5 gallon pump. I dislike the shadow effect you get when spraying tall stuff. Also it's windy here and that really jacks with your pattern. It works and the more I use it the more hacks I figure out for it. I really wish I had booms though.

9. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife Refuge Member

Once you get used to boomless it has its perks. I don't use it where application amounts need to be precise. Mostly just use it with glyphosate. If you have anything you need to spray around that's where they shine as you don't need to worry about hitting your booms. I think several are made that can be run with a 2 gallon pump. Generally I would recommend someone get a 3-5 gpm, however if you have a setup already and just want to go boomless I think you can find one that will work for you.

Just depends on what you are spraying and what the terrain is like. Also I always try to spray first thing in the morning as wind will affect it.

10. GooseNukem

GooseNukem Refuge Member

I use the sprayer for a burn down application of glyphosate before I plant corn. Then obviously spray the corn once its up. Not sure if a boomless sprayer would do well spraying corn. Although I cant say for sure because I've never seen or heard of anyone using one. ?????
    I may just get a three point sprayer for my tractor. Its just nice with the four wheeler because I can get on the field when its a little wet where as a tractor could not. And its also nice for getting into tight spaces. Only drawback is that it takes me like 5 hours plus to do my spraying.