Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Auburn to be on cover of SI!!

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by tenn-riverhunter, May 8, 2006.

1. DuckScout

DuckScout Refuge Member

Augustus,

Good thoughts from Flynt, I reget never having him for any classes at Auburn, I had Kicklighter for 2 quarters and then I took several classes from Don Dodd, as independent study through AUM, mostly military and Southern history concentrations.

Dr. Dunkleburger, man he brings back some good memories had him for I believe AY307, third floor of Comer Hall, fall quarter of '87. He made class a great deal of fun. Tough, but fun, I was the only student in the class that knew how to play bridge and he invited me out to Saugehatchee CC to play bridge with him, but was unable to make it.

My fondest memory and I think it sums up my concept of the "typical Bammer" :

I came home after my 1st quarter in Auburn, I was playing a pickup game if football, with friends from high school and the area I grew up in. This big ole redneck who was playing with us asked me point blank "so where are you going to school, college boy?"

I told him that I was going to Auburn, I had received a scholarship, and at the time was majoring in Forestr Engineering.

He tells me in this swarmy tone "Why did you go to Auburn ? They suck!"

I said the course of study brought me there ad Auburn had a highly regarded College of Agriculture , Forestry and Biological Sciences"
    ( This was just before forestry split into it's own school)

He then proceeds to laugh and in his demeaning tone "You must be an idiot, why the University of Alabama has one of THE BEST Agriculture schools in the US!!!!"

I was about to say something, but realized it was fruitless to argue with someone of this mentality.

In way similar to our own beloved Frank.

WAR EAGLE!!!

2. waterfowlwacker123

waterfowlwacker123 Senior Refuge Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

aint it great to be a bama fan

3. bozeman

bozeman Elite Refuge Member

Sorry, us 'uneducated' folks that didnt receive a degree from AU or U of A have no right to speak on this board.

Sorry. I will try to keep quiet.:dv

bozeman

4. gvillelord

gvillelord Senior Refuge Member

Just proving a point there frankie....Can dish it out but can't take it. Typical running off at the mouth bama fan. I'll leave you alone, no need in making anyone cry here...:cry :cry :cry

5. augustus_65

augustus_65 Elite Refuge Member

I think I had Dr. Dunklegurger's class around 1995. I spent a fair amount of time in Comer Hall and Funchess Hall. Even though I was a history major, I took several forestry and agriculture classes. I really enjoyed Dr. Mirarchi's class on the history of wildlife conservation, and of course Dr. Davis' Forestry for Small Woodland owners. Interestingly, I still use things I learned in those classes in my law practice. I recently tried a product liability suit in Troy where I was defending the manufacturer of some forestry equipment. It made all the difference in the world that I was conversant with my client and with the plaintiff because I was familiar with the forestry industry and the terminology from my time at Auburn.

Dr. Flynt was by far my favorite history professor through undergrad and grad school I worked on a masters in history before going to law school. While in grad school I was a GTA for Dr. Kicklighter. Now that was an experience. He's still one of my favorite professors.

6. tenn-riverhunter

tenn-riverhunter Elite Refuge Member

Wow... Nice to see everybody is back to getting along!! I was wondering if some of ya'll checked in here anymore..:tu

7. frank the duck

frank the duck Senior Refuge Member

gvillelord,

In what way did I indicate that I couldn't take it? Also, how am I running off at the mouth...I believe if you will check the numbers that I post they are all accurate, while the Auburn guys try to write a masters thesis on how Auburn is so great....I will give the last four years to you...you guys have beat us and there is no denying that...I chalk it up to a lucky recruiting session...I believe that Bama will, in the future, attract more quality players than Auburn....We haven't lost our ability there... just had a little misfortune....Also, I would like to note that your starting quarterback settled for Auburn...Anyone know where he wanted to go originally? This is simply football here guys I am not trying to say that you are stupid for attending Auburn University....simply a football trash talking thread....I am sure that the academics part is quite tough....I have family that went there as well as friends and co-workers.....you guys can trash talk my school all you want...UNA is only D11.....gvillelord...last time i checked una isnt a tech school but ill check again on monday for you....

8. singleshot1

singleshot1 Senior Refuge Member

LUCKY? LUCKY? What color is the sky in your world???? I'd chalk it up to Auburn being a better team and Bammer stinking up the field...but that's just my opinion. Luck will only carry you so far, slick. Stomping a mudhole in your in state rival for 4 straight years isn't luck.

9. frank the duck

frank the duck Senior Refuge Member

yes it is lucky that you had the caliber of players that you had...not luck that you beat us....that is what i was refering to......campbell turned out to be good by chance and auburn was not cox's first choice.....also it was luck that you had williams and brown at the same time....the tide will turn ..also singleshot...i will refer back to your quote of me when i said lucky RECRUITING SESSION.....you guys outrecruited us by luck and beat us on the field....i never said it was luck that you beat us on the field....if you can find where i said that please bring it to my attention....

10. DuckScout

DuckScout Refuge Member

Frank,
    Sorry, but luck had nothing to do with it. Tuberville and staff put together a solid recruiting class, year after year. It certainly not luck that caused Carnell and Ronnie to stay together for their senior year.

It is quite possible that they actually enjoyed playing together, playing for Tuberville and playing for and in Auburn. Or is that something that is foriegn to your ideology.

Auburn is a very special place, and I think that besides winning (which seems all that Bammers think of), Auburn is a sense of place, being and most importantly family.

Sure like all schools Auburn likes to win and it's great! But I believe that the other Auburb people will echo my sentiments about Auburn being a family.

What does Alabama offer it offers an elitist mentality that helps train future corrupt politicians, this is called the machine. It alienates the campus and fractures the student body.

Anyway just my thoughts on why a student athelte would wnat to come to and play for Auburn and even stay.

Staying at Auburn di result in 4 top 10 draft picks in the NFL last didn't it?
    Wasn't that the first time for a SEC school?

Luck has nothing to do with it.