Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Auburn to be on cover of SI!!

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by tenn-riverhunter, May 8, 2006.

1. ericDC

ericDC Elite Refuge Member

We have a banner here at Lousiana Tech with the score when we beat Alabama that one year. heh...

sometimes i wish i would have gone to a university with a good football team. We are ok here at Tech.

For some reason, I never liked LSU and chose to pull for the Florida Gators when I was younger.

last year Alabama kicked UF's tail.... But you also lost Prothro that game and weren't the same team the rest of the season..

2. ericDC

ericDC Elite Refuge Member

Currently, Florida also has the number one recruiting class this year according to ESPN.

3. frank the duck

frank the duck Senior Refuge Member

LOL....it isnt lucky that your starting quarterback's future hung in the balance as all bama had to do was say "yes" and you wouldnt have him? ok ok i guess you are right.....auburn put together a couple years where they got some star athletes....i just dont think they will be able to consistently attract those folks...we will see i suppose...

4. augustus_65

augustus_65 Elite Refuge Member

Frank, what happened to that big-time quarterback all you Bammers thought was going to be coming to Alabama. You know, the one all the coaches were fawning over. If I recall correctly, seems like he's now wearing a Gator's jersey. Guess the Tide just can't recruit like it used to. I guess ol' DUI Wilson will be calling the signals for ya'll this season.

5. frank the duck

frank the duck Senior Refuge Member

augustus,

thank you for asking me that question then immediately answering it yourself....wilson is a pretty good quarterback....i dont look for us to be great this year but decent .....

6. duckwho

duckwho Senior Refuge Member

just for the record, campbell was not good by chance he was an all american coming out of high school and if i remember correctly he was one of the top 3 quarterbacks in the nation that year.

7. bozeman

bozeman Elite Refuge Member

ericDC just proved my point. When a small school beats AU, it is no big deal, but when one beats Bama, they hang banners to commemorate it. Every powerhouse has their 'down' years, but what makes them a powerhouse is that they always bounce back. That is how 'tradition' is developed. AU may be in the process of developing a powerhouse tradition, that is yet to be seen. They are out to a good start, no doubt over the past 3 years. Get a few National Championships under your belt first or at least try to win your Bowl game.:dv

bozeman

8. duckwho

duckwho Senior Refuge Member

boze, you probably are right, however, i dont seem to recall any of those small schools beating us lately. Of course i will be nice and not mention any of those small schools which have gotten to hang them banners:tu

9. bozeman

bozeman Elite Refuge Member

GT? Or has AU tried to forget that game altogether?:nutz

Just hacking at ya!

bozeman

10. Dogg

Dogg Senior Refuge Member

recruits BAMMER. Or is that just luck or just plan old cheating???

FYI... Bammer has a QB now that can out drink and drive anyone in the SEC.
    Just watch him pass a forty.