Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Average day?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by duckdeceiver, Dec 31, 2003.

1. duckdeceiver

duckdeceiver Senior Refuge Member

Just wondering what kinda numbers you boys on the west coast generally average? Is there alot of pressure on the geese there?
    I've noticed alot of you guys really like windsocks..... The geese here in the Miss. flyway won't hardly decoy to them, we have to use alot of shells and silo's. We average around 15-20 a day.

Just wondering how it was on your side of the U.S.?

2. ColoDuk

ColoDuk Elite Refuge Member

shells and sillys suck butt here, no movement equals no birds

3. duckdeceiver

duckdeceiver Senior Refuge Member

We mix in some socks for movement. What do ya'll do on days when there is no wind? Socks and rags just hanging flare the geese here, what about there?

4. JEDJR

JEDJR Elite Refuge Member

So far this year, we are averaging 10 birds a hunt. 2-3 hunters using 600 windsocks, and sometimes about 60 G&H snowgoose shells.

5. Coastal Ducks

Coastal Ducks Elite Refuge Member

In December thru the first week of January I averaged just over 20 birds per hunt and around 4.5 birds per man for 17 hunts. That is hunting over 600-900 Texas Hunting Products windsocks. If I know there will be no wind I will hunt over shells but the days we don't have wind are pretty few and far between. If we don't have wind the geese are gonna be tough regardless of what kind of decoys you use.