Avery quickset camo options?

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by ringneck5499, Jan 31, 2018.

1. ringneck5499

ringneck5499 Senior Refuge Member

I'm looking to replace the camo on my Avery quickset before next year as my camo nets are tore up pretty bad. I'm thinking of raffia or grass mats, leaning towards raffia from J Stern. My windblockers and rain top are in good shape so no need to replace them. If I go with raffia do I need camo nets under it to attach the raffia to or can I use something different (and cheaper) since the netting will mostly be covered up and is pricey?

2. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Plastic landscape fence could be something you might want to use to attach the raffia to. I've seen it in dark green and black. Bulk rolls are available on Amazon, I've seen short rolls at Walmart.

3. ringneck5499

I've thought about that but it's kind of shiny.

4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Just attach it to the old net. Surely you can repair it well enough for that.

5. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

Black plastic bird netting at lowes/ home depot. Has about a 3/4 in. grid and can be purchased in 4' tall rolls x 25'. Very flexable , will roll /stow easy attached to your blind and raffia can be zip tied to it. Cuts easily with sissors.

6. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

20161203_193441.jpg

My Quickest has the original netting underneth and I attached the raffia to it using cable ties. You'll need the netting to attach it to in able to get the raffia to fall the way that you want it to.

ringneck5499 likes this.
  7. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Another option is to get camo burlap, cut it into thin strips and weave it at various angles into the CamoNet. It really adds to the depth and look of the blind. At one time Avery had a series of photos showing the process and results. Another plus is it doesn't add much weight and it is still easy to roll up the blind like usual.

freefall likes this.
  8. ringneck5499

Yeah I did that before, looked ok but the burlap gets heavy when wet and stinks after, Lol. I cut up some old camo decoy bags and mosquito type camo netting and tied to it and it looked and worked better. I'll probably take it off and just attach the raffia to the old netting. I don't really want to pay the money for brand net camo netting if I'm just going to cover it up with a bunch of raffia that I'd have to buy also.