avian x issues ??

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by DRC, Oct 5, 2011.

1. DRC

DRC Elite Refuge Member

I bought dakota lessers to solve this problem. One piece decoy with a base that stays attached. No bS just set em out and pick them up.

2. cs

cs Elite Refuge Member

So this thread was to make a point then and not ask a question?

3. DRC

DRC Elite Refuge Member

The point was that there were some problems. The question was wether or not any one else had heard about them or additional issues with the decoy.

4. DeWayne Knight

DeWayne Knight Elite Refuge Member

Wade, I would have expected someone starting with a clean sheet of paper so to speak to design something from the ground up that didn't need screws, glue, or the purchase of a different company's footbases to make the decoys usable. And that goes for any company out there, not just Avian X.

5. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

The only way to avoid the need for screws or glue is a 1 piece decoy, and then people would be complaining about that. You can't ever make everybody happy

6. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

Just use bigfoots.Problem solved,anything else I can help you with.:sp

Fred of all people should know about making them easy.

7. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Yes I have. I also believe every goose decoy manufactured out there is priced fairly for what we as hunters get.
    Well actually I thing we are getting a bargin for what we pay

8. DakotaDave

DakotaDave Senior Refuge Member

I love mine. They look great to me. I got the Fully Flocked version and super glued the heads. I did go get some steal rod and made new taller stakes that pound straight in. All in all, they still look freaking great! $275.00 + 50 BAG, but they are holding up well although to be honest I am only half way into the first season. I love them, I will buy another dozen next week, (after pay day) and I enjoy the fact that I am hunting over the best decoys I have ever had.

Sometimes I really think people are just a little too critical on here ..... maybe.....

9. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Where are they made? Didn't see anything on the site. The original BFs, G&Hs and Real Geese are all made in US to the best of my knowledge. I'm personally sick of paying for cheaply made Chinese sh-it.

10. goose_caller

goose_caller Elite Refuge Member

Saw the fully flocked last night at Cabelas and them are a dam nice looking decoy, so nice I might even take them over DSD if money was not an issue. As for the heads, well personally I would rather spend $5 on a tube of glue then pay another $10-20/box for shipping to ship a fully assembled decoy.....I assume this is the reason they come this way.