Avianx A frame or Fa Blind Spot

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by mpkowal, Feb 28, 2018.

1. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Pretty familiar with the A frame anyone use The Final Approach Blind Spot.I realize you have to buy 2 to get the size of the Aframe,but at that I hear the Blind Spot is more mobile.Any thoughts.Thanks.

2. full choke

full choke Senior Refuge Member

Tanglefree panel blind

gary s. and DrakeStar like this.
  3. mpkowal

Pretty expensive,as I would have to purchase 2 to get the results I need.

4. full choke

full choke Senior Refuge Member

I have had an Avian X A frame blind. I also owned one of the original Final Approach versions I think they were called the Feather Duster- anyhow, they were just a shadow grass foldable panel with stubble straps. Very light, and convenient.
    The A frame was a complete pain vs the Tanglefree. I have two Tanglefree panels plus the lids and snow covers. I bought all of it during some of Tanglefree's sales they have throughout the year. They do 30-40% off at various times.
    The Tanglefree is just so much more adaptable than the A frame. You can use one panel if you want, or string two together to make one long wall. You can use one panel to wrap around to make a single man blind. You can add covers to only the front, or only the back, or both sides. With the A frame- you just get one rectangle blind. That's my .02c anyways.

5. shirtguy

shirtguy Elite Refuge Member

Redneck Waterfowl blind. Rogers had them for $299. Smaller version of Aframe. Love mine.

6. cs

cs Elite Refuge Member

how easy does the redneck folddown

7. mpkowal

I like the layout of the Redneck,it's just not quite big enuogh.

8. Full Force Five

Full Force Five Elite Refuge Member

Not sure how the A-frame is a pain. Two guys can set it up in 5 minutes or less. We keep it brushed in all season. We have small bundles of grass to add overhead cover. The tanglefree seems more versatile I'm thinking about getting one as well.

9. bustsducks

bustsducks Elite Refuge Member

I bought two of the Silent Wings (Blind Spot) blinds last spring. Great product. In the hunting situations that I hunt these are the best blinds for me. Super fast setup - just unfold them and your hunting. Very well thought out blind and simple. Ron did a great job on these blinds. 20180301_191438.jpg

I've tried the Tanglefree panel blind and didn't care for them. To tall and birds made us on the ends of the blind. They do fold up nice though.

brentbullets likes this.
  10. DoveMan

DoveMan Senior Refuge Member

Was looking on their site and they mention "Connecting 2 Blind Spots™ together creates a very roomy 3 man blind that measures 121’ L x 44’ D. x 48” H.". It also says it is expandable, so I'm wondering does it go taller than 48"?

Do you put 2 together, and if so would it hunt 3 guys, or is 2 comfortable? are the stubble straps just as good as the TF panel blind?
    Looks like with the Blind Spot a guy wouldn't need flip tops to have good concealment from above.