Avianx A frame or Fa Blind Spot

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by mpkowal, Feb 28, 2018.

1. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

I was told it' a little bigger than an Avian,if you put 2 together, shouldn' you be able to hunt 4 if you did this ?

2. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

I have made dozens of Aframes out of 2x2's that are 4x8 with detachable panels. wish the price point on the Avian's were cheaper. who knows maybe there will be Chinese knock-off on Alibaba some day with them about half the price. we still had several out in the fields that were staked down and I was worried they may have tumbled with the winds here today but my buddy said they are still up. Had them tumble like tumbleweed before if left unstaked during high winds.

3. 2WIDGN

2WIDGN Senior Refuge Member

We bought two blind spots last year. One is still in the box and the other has been used once. I like them but we haven't had a spot to use them...someday we will. I'll post some pictures and a more detailed review when we do.

4. bustsducks

bustsducks Elite Refuge Member

Here is a couple of pics of the blinds after 9 cans of spray paint. I didn't care for the green camo. Yes you can put two blinds together. But I prefer leave the blinds in cubes. 1 person per blind. Birds don't see down the top of the blind that way. My blinds stayed grassed all year. Stubble straps worked great. Sets up in seconds. I would give these blinds a thumbs up. 20170606_202843.jpg 20170606_203351.jpg

DoveMan likes this.
  5. mpkowal

Thanks for the pics!!!I was told if you put 2 together you could actually hunt 4,didn't look like it though.

6. Sdduck

Sdduck New Member

Dakota decoy is making an a-frame now also. Never hunted out of it but it's damn nice

brentbullets likes this.
  7. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

And it sets up a lot easier. Sold my panel blinds.

8. mpkowal

Looked for the Dakota ,could only find their new layout.

9. EWUEagles

EWUEagles Senior Refuge Member

No way you can do 4 people, unless they were very small. The blind is well made and very nice. I find when you put two together the ends being a little tight. I'm a wide shouldered guy though. The middle spot is spacious so I always try to grab that. Very well designed.

10. IowaWaterfowler10

IowaWaterfowler10 Refuge Member

Got any pics?