AZ Refuge Hunt

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by Birdup, Dec 13, 2004.

1. AZ Draht

AZ Draht Senior Refuge Member

2. Dr.Quack

Dr.Quack Senior Refuge Member

I will bring a 4'x4' camping table and a small Webber.

3. AZ Ron

AZ Ron Senior Refuge Member

I'll be sleeping either in the back of my truck or a tent, depending on the weather. I can bring a small rollup table and a coleman stove. Maybe a lantern too if it isn't broken...

Has any thought been given to a designated radio channel/code for AZ Refuge members to get in contact with others there? It's somewhat hilly around there, so I don't know what the range would be on the 2 mile FRS radios, but the 5+ milers should do ok.

Thanks,
    Ron

4. Birdup

Birdup Moderator

Thanks Ron,

The channel Idea is a good one. Lets all use channel 12.

Ok we have three table but if you can bring another please do.

Anyone who is coming out on Friday and has an Easy-UP please bring it and some stakes.

So who wants to chase some quail on Friday. Az Ron said he would, anyone else?

What about glow sticks. Anyone volenteering to bring these?

New list of people going.
    Cajun n'the Desert
    Socalducks
    AZRon
    AZ Coot Killer
    26lb_Tom
    pyle762
    DuckN2
    DrQuack
    southwest dc
    SkyWatcher
    SNIPEKLR

Still not confirmed.
    Redheadcali
    Widgnwacker
    Kurt
    Come guy's I got reports of this area holding a lot of mallards.

Any one else?

FYI the aerial image I sent is with 1% less water than is currently in the lake.

5. Kurt

Kurt Senior Refuge Member

You guys are no fun! I've been trying to reach someone on channel 12 for a while now and no one will answer!

I can confirm the mallards. Dick and I were out there a couple weeks ago and they are there all right. I'm working on my excuse to not work Saturday. I'll try it out tomorrow and see how it plays.

Kurt

6. AZ Draht

I am in for quail. I plan on being there at first light friday. But as the saying goes, "the best laid plans of mice and men..." I don't have a radio. Is everyone going to the campground first? Or are you guys who are there friday planning on hunting first and then making your way to camp by dark?

7. Humvee

Humvee Senior Refuge Member

Looks like Kurt and I are going to gang up on the boss tomorrow and tell him we won't be at work Sat. If that doesn't work, Kurt said he is willing to break into a crying fit.:l :l

How 'bout an updated list of what is needed?

8. Birdup

Birdup Moderator

Ok we still need

1. A 4x8 sheet of Plywood painted white with AZ Refuge Gang on the top length wise in 4" black letters. Bring a hammer and about 200 10 penny nails. This is to put all our birds on and take a group photo. Dr Quacks has said Via phone that he "might" do this but the first one that says so get it. FYI I would do it but I have no way to get it out there. I'm taking the Bronco.

2. 1 table

3. 12 glow sticks. These can be bought by numerous people, just let me know how many you are going to bring. I want these so we can tell where someone from our hunt is in the dark as we head out to our spots. This will also distingush us from any other non-refuge hunter. Skywatcher said he would pickup 6. Does anyone else want to get the other six.

3. 2 gas Bar-b-q grills

It looks like it's going to be a good crew.:tu

26lb Tom. I'll call you.

9. SkyWatcher

SkyWatcher Senior Refuge Member

Yep I'll plan on bringing six glosticks.

Would anyone out there be interested in sharing a ride up there? It'll cut the price of gas in half for both of us. The person that I was hoping would keep me company can't make it. I'm planning on leaving Friday morning so I can join in on the quail hunting.

Also, it looks like I'll have an open blind. I'd rather not hunt alone, so if anyone is still looking for a blind to hunt in or if someone is looking for someone to fill a spot in their blind, please let me know.

-Jack

10. AZ Draht

Birdup,

I pm'd you my cell phone number. Call me on that