Back from Iowa....Got Hosed!

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by wingmastr23, Nov 12, 2007.

1. texag87

texag87 Elite Refuge Member

that's horrible :mad: kudos to you for not losing your head and slugging the guy......not sure if I would have been that calm

2. greenhead01

greenhead01 Senior Refuge Member

That's why they are 45,000 kills short of their quota! They would rather pay someone every few years to come in and thin 'em out!

3. Big country 04

Big country 04 Senior Refuge Member

They all can be aholes, I lived in ga for a while and had problems on a dove hunt. 7 guys in a field and about 5 co came in on us. It started raining and they kept us out there for 3 hours because one guy was missing a free stamp and I was driving a friends vehicle because mine was in the shop and the car I was borrowing was from out of state. Long story I will not go into details but it went all the way to the head office of ga dnr and they sent us a letter saying we were treated unfair and they were sorry.

The Dnr in the next county over in ga was cool about things and would work with you. It all depends on the guy, they have to much power.

In canada we had problems with co to same guys check our lic 2x in the same week in the same feild. I have no problems with check the geese we shot at the end of the day or the lic the first day but to stop our hunt 2x just to check lic? a little bit of a pain.

Just to let you know I have spent 20 years hunting in Iowa and I have met more decent co in Iowa then bad. I know the 2 countys I hunt now they are strict but fair and a least friendly.

I hope you get something out of the mess you went thru

J

4. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

Big Country....East Moline? Hmmm....I graduated from Moline High School!

Slight update.....It looks like there could be a resolution coming shortly. My lawyer has been working on this for the past 2 months, and all parties involved are being cooperative! I honestly believe that the State of Iowa has good intentions and they want to have a good reputation. They are working to make sure I am satisfied with the outcome. (You really cannot ask for any more than that!)

I am not at liberty to discuss any of the specifics, nor will I be able to publicize the outcome.

I hope this is a lesson to all! There is hope for those who obey the law! Get a lawyer, and let them know you mean business! It is working for me!

5. StillInScrubs

StillInScrubs Elite Refuge Member

Hey post up next year about your resident hunt for us.;) Since you can't share the outcome.

6. RW

RW Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like false arrest and harassment.

However there is always 3 sides to every story, your side, their side and what really happend.

I find it unusual no one on either side during the ordeal bothered to verify your location of the hunt area on a map with the regulations.

Good luck!

7. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

It does seem that way....However, when you have been hunting the same area for the past 10 yrs (and the same land for about 8) like I have, you think you know the area.....When a Game Warden starts spewing things like....changes have been made, etc....you tend to believe them!

In hindsight, yea, I now know better than to assume that the zones do not change, and it is worthwhile to inspect the map for changes prior to the hunt......

You are also right...there are 3 sides......I would love to hear the other two.....especially in another month!:tu

8. Texas Bill

Texas Bill Elite Refuge Member

Proof positive what happens when you slap a badge on an arsehole. I'm glad you are taking legal action... not just for yourself, but for every hunter that runs into these two idiots over the coarse of their employment (which hopefully won't be long)
    TB

9. Shedhead

Shedhead Elite Refuge Member

Unreal, hope you get em.
    sounds exactly like every game warden I have ever met in any state.
    They automatically think they are always right and always think every hunter is trying to do something wrong.

10. blklabs2

blklabs2 Senior Refuge Member

Wyoming wardens ,the same little jerks, big mouths and always right!!!