Back From MI

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by soiltester, May 21, 2017.

1. soiltester

soiltester Elite Refuge Member

Had a great week and saw & heard a lot of toms!!
    Had 2 jakes come in on 2 different mornings and 1 would take advantage of my DSD hen and the 1st time even stained her w/white:dv

Buddy & I went yesterday morning and doubled at 13 yds, as the toms headed to have their way with my DSD Jake .. or maybe the hen ;) IMG_1715.JPG IMG_1714 (002).JPG

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Ewww... Turkey love nectar? Lol

Congrats!

I went up in the mountains of the Lincoln Natl Forest yesterday. Birds were on fire! It's after season, but I'm only here a few times a year, so I went for some scouting. I found about 50 in one group, about even hens/toms. Found several more in other places. Called a tom in to 12 feet using my mouth. I thought I was gonna get a video of him, so I was watching from one direction, holding my phone in front of my face. Next thing I know, I hear drumming right beside me, to my right. Look over, and I'm eye to eye with him! Grr! First time I have ever called one in with no call. He covered about 300 yards, up a hmountain, in about 15 minutes, and I believe he stopped to breed a hen on his way up. Saw a bunch of mule deer, AND went and visited the town Billy the Kid escaped from (Lincoln, NM). Fun-filled day for sure!