Back on Island X

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by AleutianKing, Dec 30, 2010.

1. flyway taxidermy

flyway taxidermy Sponsor

2. 20gabismuth

20gabismuth Elite Refuge Member

Charlie.....I sit here in Anchorage and will be leaving this evening to head back to Texas via Seattle and Chicago.

Although it has not sunk in yet fully; I have a story to tell when I return and can have some down time for a few days.

We did it all!! All limited out on Kings and everyone got the other birds they pursued common to the area. I got baptized with a Bering Sea wave while on anchor duty. Toured the famous F/V Time Bandit. Made probably one of the best shots of my 40 years of waterfowling on my first King drake when it counted most out of the boat. Explored the island and all it has to offer. Ate like a damn "King" literally the whole time thanks to Deb's world class cooking. Saw 2-3 beautiful days and got to hunt them; as well as seeing how harsh and brutal the Bering Sea can be with horrid non stop winds and snow storms. Most of all.....I made a set of new friends during the process of an adventure that will be probably be one of the most documented in AIW history.

My hat's off to you Charlie.....you have a plan and many back up plans for your clients to get shots at the Mighty King Eider. You understand when its perfect, right, borderline and a no go with no whining.

I had the time of my life!!!!! Thank you for floating my decoy; I really appreciate it!!!! :tu

I'll be in touch soon!!!!

3. flyline

flyline Elite Refuge Member

Congrates to all:tu

4. barngeatbayman

barngeatbayman Elite Refuge Member

looks to have been a great season Congrats to everyone who hunted the Bering Sea this year. I will someday Charlie make the trip:tu

5. rmk800

rmk800 Elite Refuge Member

a HUGE thank you to all in the above photo!!!! Rex, Russ and Deb were top notch Charlie!!!! i sure wish i would have been able to express my thanks to Rex and Deb! if you have Rex's email drop me a pm.

Hope to see you on our very salty lake here in November Charlie!!!!!:tu

Thank you once again for the grand time!!!!
    Darin

6. MrsQuackerduck

MrsQuackerduck Senior Refuge Member

John & Craig have landed at Dulles about an hour ago.

John will be staying at Craig's this evening and heading the the lower Eastern Shore tomorrow morning.

I glad everyone had fun.

Not it's back to normal!

7. AleutianKing

AleutianKing Elite Refuge Member

8. DucHunr

DucHunr Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for sharin' the video clips Charlie. Pretty Awesome and Congrats on the Great Season ! U Da Man !!!:dv:clap:tu

9. quackerduck

quackerduck Senior Refuge Member

To Charlie and his crew, i say thank you. As Mike says, we are the class of 2011 week 4 .As such we broke at least 2 records. Getting prime rib 2 times and staying the longest. The high and lows were hard on us all. The high pack up, planes coming. Low, plane just got cancelled. But we all made new friends and that may have been the best part:bow

10. itallushrt

itallushrt Elite Refuge Member

FINALLY HOME!

I think I may have been the last guy to get home...Sunday 8 PM EST. Just in time to watch the second half of my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers beating the NY Jets.

It was an incredible trip and one I wouldn't trade for anything. However, after being stuck and having it cut into my hunting time at home I was ready to leave. I think this pic was funny...all of us with our boarding passes to finally leave the St. Paul airport.

[​IMG]