Back on Island X

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by AleutianKing, Dec 30, 2010.

1. BLKFTDN

BLKFTDN Elite Refuge Member

Congratulations everybody!

2. 20gabismuth

20gabismuth Elite Refuge Member

:l.............:clap I lived it with you buddy!!!!!! Awesome picture!!!

One thing for sure......utallweshrt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. AleutianKing

AleutianKing Elite Refuge Member

You guys were Great, Love the pictures with the boarding pass.

4. squatty420

squatty420 Elite Refuge Member

That picture gives new meaning to itallushrt :dv

:joker

5. AleutianKing

Aleutian Island Waterfowlers Says goodbye for another 8 months

Video Diary a big thanks
    Goodbye Video from ST Paul
    [​IMG]

Every year I get sad when it come to the first week of February, No more 15 ft waves,50 mph winds, freezing spray and Arctic snowstorms. Not to count delayed flights, broken vehicles and screwed up frozen boat ramps. I must be a sadist!! As I can’t wait for the next 8 months to start all over again guiding some of the most X-Treme duck hunters in the world next season.

Thank God for my wife and my family understanding and accepting my addiction to this horrific disease called X-Treme duck hunting.

The first big thanks goes out to all our past guest’s again as I always seem to get the cream of the crop and some real 1st class hunters who truly appreciate what we do in remote Alaska as without you we would not have a job.

The 2nd thanks goes out to all the Taxidermist who mount all of our clients trophy birds we send back to the states with the happy clients, as I swear some of the mounts look better then when they are alive.

The 3rd Our current staff at Aleutian Island Waterfowlers as we constantly have the top guides, Captains and support staff who work together as a team in very harsh conditions, Rex-Dustin-Russ and Deb and this shows by getting the job done and sending happy clients home. And thanks to all our past guides and friends we have worked with over the years in different locations as we wish them the best with their hunting in other areas of Alaska.

Our season started out strong and finished strong with 100% success again on King Eiders on Island X by our hunters. Around 95 King Eiders were taken by our hunters and we left over 500,000 in the Bering Sea for next season as the King Eider populations are stronger than ever in Northern Alaska and we look forward to many more years of King Hunting with you guys.

There needs to be a few awards & Kudos to some of our duck hunters from the year, the 2 winners of the King Eider Dream Hunt Trip Jones won the most shots fired in a 2 hour period and not kill a bird. Darin Noorda gets the Nascar Pit stop award for helping us fix Frozen and broke vehicles in short order. Both had great hunts and went home with numerous King Eiders, as for the 3rd hunter we had to rebook him for next year due to some bad weather and flight cancellations.

And speaking of bad weather week 4 hunters Tom, Craig, Brian, Mike, Shawn and John win the Survivor award for participating in the longest hunt ever on Island X.

Dennis from NY wins The Bling Lottery award for harvesting the first ever documented King Eider with a Band on Island X, Two days later Shawn a local native hunter took a Banded Mature Drake King but never took pictures of it. What a shame.

Kevin Noorda wins the annual award for accuracy of projectile vomiting of Biscuits and Gravy on the Bering Sea while still holding his composer to shoot King Eiders in rough seas.

Tom A, Gets an award for the best almost shot on a King eider in the decoys, as he was lucky enough to have one of the best King decoying days along with John, unfortunately the easiest shot never occurred as when he went to shoot the king at 20yds with gear down a wave rocked the boat and he completely tipped over on top of me and smashed me to the bottom of the boat, as the King flared and flew off.

Jdawg wins the Betty Crocker award for putting away the most groceries ever by a client, and his friend Andy wins the Joey *****wood thrill show award for being the most freaked out while driving through snowdrifts along the lake to NE point.

And then there is the infamous Harry Whitehead of gunners taxidermy what do we say, well he survived his 3rd year in a row and I believe he holds the record for the Most Kings taken Award by any nonresident hunter 10 in 3 years. Cheese! Salute You!

Mike Hruby wins the Deadliest catch award for wearing his Time Bandit cutoff T shirt in freezing weather to pose with the time bandit with a King.

Then there was The Nearly Postal Award to John, Almost but not quite.

And then there was Tyler who got the Hold out award for waiting till the last day to kill his Drake Kings as the pressure was on and he was not liking it.

74 year young Curtis wins the Tiger woods award for all his stories of his girlfriends and the constant joke telling as he kept us all in stitches the entire week.

Then there was Woodie from Canada a True gentleman award and one of the best hunters of the season who worked hard to harvest the Adak Slam award, A Pacific an Aleutian and a Eurasian. Congrats

The Most X-Treme Duck Hunter of the year award hands down goes to TJ Saeman, the first and probably the last hunter that used a SUP- stand up paddle board to get a Pacific Eider when the water was to rough to launch our boats to hunt.

There are so many great memories of the 2010/11 season to write about, and there were a few real crappy days that we won’t talk about. But as for next Season we are set up better than ever and have our same staff coming back and with a few new surprises including a 26 ft boat. We have it sitting in storage on Adak ready for next season to explore the hidden areas of Adak that no one else can get to. So we can possibly hunt over birds that have never been shot at as 85% of the island’s coast is inaccessible with smaller boats.

And then for Nov of 2012 we have some big plans in the works for the Ultimate Sea Duck exploration into the most uncharted Aleutian Islands hunting our way to Attu via Crab boat on a 12-14 day Expedition starting in Adak or Dutch Harbor for 10-12 hunters and a film crew, as for the final logistics and pricing we are still working them all out but we will keep everyone posted.

We have 4 out of 6 weeks filled for Adak Next season already and 3 out of 5 weeks filled for Island X so if anyone has been considering either of these hunts or has thought about a fishing trip or Bear Viewing trip this coming summer in Katmai at our lodge get your names on the list and get your buddies rounded up. www.alaskatrophyadventures.com We wish everyone a safe and happy rest of the winter and look forward to hunting with many of you in the future.
    Sincerely Capt Charlie Summerville

AKA “Aleutian King”

Saying goodbye at the time Bandit
    Time Bandit Cameo with Aleutian Island Waterfowlers

Facebook Aleutian Island Waterfowlers

6. rmk800

rmk800 Elite Refuge Member

Great recap charlie! big thanks for all you guys! Kevin and i had a very memorable trip!!! Truly a great thing to experience with my twin brother...:tu

speaking of twins...
    charlie, you have the two of us mixed up:nutz I know its hard, we look alike!
    Kevin fixed the chevy, i threw up breakfast all morning...:eek: and im sure many other hunters where in rougher seas!!! i am such a wuss!!!

ill give credit where credit is due. thanks again charlie and gang!!!!!

7. BLKFTDN

BLKFTDN Elite Refuge Member

... congrats "Island X class" of 2010. :cool:

dont be so hard on yourself Darin. We have all figured out what your evil little pukeing plan was all about... CHUM'n for Kings! :z:reader

8. AleutianKing

2011 Final slideshow and Book

To everyone who came up this winter on The X and Hunted Eiders I spent the last few days putting together a coffee table hard covered book, if anyone is interested I will be ordering next week, drop me a call. Here is the rough Draft still finalizing it with adding a few more pages. with more Pictures.

9. 20gabismuth

20gabismuth Elite Refuge Member

Will be calling you for sure!!!!!!!!! Count me in.......:tu

10. flyline

flyline Elite Refuge Member

My wife did a shutterfly book for me from last five sesasons. Its grerat and was a wonderful christmas gift from her. Only one king in tha book thou and it isnt mine.