Bacon wrapped goose

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Ferg1, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Ferg1

Ferg1 Senior Refuge Member

Just made a variation of the standard goose marinaded in whatever and wrapped in bacon. Typically I marinade goose in buffalo sauce and duck in italian dressing but decided to try something different. Went to Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant and picked up a few bottles of their sauces. They are available at the counter for $4 and one bottle is enough to cook 2 geese breasted out (4 halves). I used the teriyaki and asian zing sauces. The asian zing for those of you who havent had it is a little spicy but not burning hot. I am very pleased with the results.

Cut the breast into inch cubes and tenderize if desired. I used a heavy pot and a ziplock to tenderize. Basically marinade for x amount of time(at least overnight, i sometimes go 3 days). Soak toothpicks in water for 30 min. wrap each individual piece in bacon and use the toothpicks to hold it in place. Grill until the bacon is done.

I tried a few pieces without bacon and they were very good on their own. Next time im going to cook without the bacon and serve over white rice.

If the restaurant is near you give this a try!

2. Jimbob

Jimbob Elite Refuge Member

Their Asian Zing is basically Sweet Thai Chile sauce, with maybe a little more heat. You can find that almost anywhere, and if it's not hot enough, just add some ground cayenne to pep it up. Won't be $4 a bottle, either.

3. Coho

Coho Moderator Emeritus Moderator

I do something similar with teal breasts. With some hoisin added..