Bag ideas for Final Approach Livecraft Fullbodies

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by NEwaterfolwer, Feb 6, 2018.

1. NEwaterfolwer

NEwaterfolwer New Member

Just recently purchased some of these and now I'm looking at bags to store and haul them in. I'd prefer a 12 slot bag that's big enough to leave the ring bases on. Anybody have any thoughts on where I can find any of these?

Or is it a bad idea to leave the bases on, and instead I need to be looking at a mid size 12 slot bag?

2. full choke

full choke Senior Refuge Member

IMO- do not leave the bases on. I have tried in the past with other fullbodies, it just leads to scratches and rubs and bad paint. And with bases on, the bag dimensions become large and awkward.

I would also suggest using six slot bags vs 12 slot. Much easier to handle when hauling them. I have put 12 lesser size dekes in regular sized 6 slots before, and that worked ok. But... it was awkward to haul them around.

I would also look at Diane's Custom bags. They might be a bit pricier than others, but they hold up forever.

Again- just my opinions based on what we have tried. Your ideas may differ.

3. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

4. White Smoke

White Smoke New Member

Bulk decoy had some nice looking bags for 29.99 with free shipping.

5. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member

Check Rogers Sale going on. I have 18 New DSD that I put in 3 six slot bags from them and really like this bag. I take the stands off but Rogers offers a 6 slot for Decoys with stands on. If you have a trailer the 6 slots are the bomb but if you don't then single bags from Cleanersupply work Great. If you get the 40" x 30" bags the decoy and stand will fit easily...what I use when I can't run the 6 slots. Hope this helps ya...Murph.

6. Waterdog Trainer

Waterdog Trainer Senior Refuge Member

I would not leave the stands on if you are going to bag them. I can see many issues with this. Go with 6 slots. Easier to lift and carry, less awkward. I would suggest you may want to look at individual bags. If not you should consider a 6 slot with a top. I have RDCs and use Rig Em Right deluxe 6 slots. They have padded sides and top which zips closed. I have both the Honker bag and lesser for my specks. The padding protects the decoys better and the bag stands up nicely when picking up. Rig Em Right also have regular 6 slots with a snap on cover if you want to use it. Both bags are extremely well made. They are more costly than most but are worth it IMO.