Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Baggage or Luggage

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by TNDuckMaster, Aug 11, 2017.

1. TNDuckMaster

TNDuckMaster Refuge Member

Always looking for better luggage or baggage with wheels to use when traveling by air to Canada for our annual hunting trip. When packed must be 50# or less. What do you recommend? Thanks

2. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

I've been happy with the wheeled duffel bag similar to the one below. The exact one I have is by Eastern Mountain Sports and bought many years 10+ and many international trips ago. The thought of spend $200-$300 on luggage is not fun (I paid under that when I bought), but ask yourself the cost when a wheel or strap breaks and you're dragging a 47lb bag through the airport while also dragging another bag and your carry-on.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/639...ge=rolling-adventure-duffle-extra-large&csp=f

3. morduks

morduks Elite Refuge Member

I like SKB hard rolling golf club cases. Depending on model they are 12-17 lbs though. Biggest advantage is to haul firearms along with boots and other bulky gear like coats and waders and such. Put trigger lock on weapon and you are good to go. Be sure to declare gun at check in counter when you arrive at airport. Rides nice, easy to pull. Completely below the radar when it comes to gun thieves. SKB's guaranty is basically for life. They have replaced wheels, latches and keys for me over the years. They mail - you install. TSA has keys for their locks too. Put your cell phone number on the outside and they will call you if questions. Also, if you fly first class you get free bags, 70lb weight limits and your bags have priority so when you are flying into little airports and there is a weight problem YOUR bag goes on the flight. Spendy but maybe worth it.
    Tom B.