Bakers and Surgeons

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Tuck31, Jan 18, 2018.

1. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

A private entity shouldn't have their civil rights trampled on because they own a business. Free market will determine if their stance will be profitable but the government shouldn't dictate that they give up their rights for those of others.

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  2. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

5:20

I guess we view things differently I refuse to use any of this information as a key statement. It is a whole to me, and I do not pick and choose what I want to use as a key statement. I use to do that but found it made me blind to other possibilities.

3. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

I guess I'm looking deeper at it. If it was on religious grounds the word artistic wouldn't be included in the findings. It is only the fact that they are being asked to customize the cake that they are allowed to refuse. Subtle but significant difference.

4. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

There are four that I know of...

Oregon, where a Christian baker refused to serve a gay couple. The state ruled against the bakery.

Colorado, where a Christian baker refused to serve a gay couple. The state ruled against the bakery. This is the case currently in front of SCOTUS.

Colorado, where a gay baker refused to decorate a bible-shaped cake with anti-gay slogans and symbols but offered to make the customer a bible-shaped cake and give them the icing that they would need to decorate it however they wanted. The state ruled in favor of the bakery. This is the one that the for some reason Pintail keeps reversing the roles (incorrectly stating it as a Christian baker offering to make a cake and give/sell the icing for decorating to a gay couple) in this thread and others.

California, where a gay baker refused to make a cake for a gay couple but offered to forward their design to a similar bakery nearby that could make it for them. The state ruled in favor of the bakery.

WoodieSC likes this.
  5. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member

That’s the dumbest thing I can imagine.

6. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

I agree with you :)

7. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I just read that again and laughed my azz off. Maybe liberal democrats do need conservative Republicans to look after their welfare.

Try to cure liberal democrats stupidity by giving them books to read and all they do is tear the pages out so they can eat the glue in the binding.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    WoodieSC likes this.
  8. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I think the Catholic church follows that philosophy. Not sure . My knowledge of Catholic dogma ain't so good.

Many Catholic look at the womb as God's Tabernacle of creation and any interference with that is an excommunication offense to God and the church.

But again...I'm not a scholar of Catholic dogma and as much as satan kicks my azz on a daily basis...I've got further issues with the Catholic church dogma.

9. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Thanks for the clarification.

I stand by my earlier proposal that if ANY of these bakers are found guilty and penalized, including the couple in OR, we need to band together across the country and force any and all Muslim establishments to offer pork products of any and all kinds. When they refuse, file lawsuits in the hundreds/thousands. The same goes for any gay bakers who refuse to bake anything that is anti-gay/anti-bestiality, et al. If that young couple in OR can get wiped out and fined $135K (+/-), then we need to essentially close down all Muslim and gay establishments nationwide. If they all want to fight, we need to fight fire with fire.

10. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

It's pretty simple, really. Try to save them both but don't intentionally kill one to save the other. It is not for man to choose who lives and who dies.

Bear and WoodieSC like this.