Banded vs drake breathable waders

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by skimerhorn, Sep 6, 2017.

1. DuckyPhe

DuckyPhe Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

Depends on what price you put on dry, warm and comfortable. After 30+ years of hunting ducks in weather only fit for a duck, I finally figured out what my price was. I now have nearly every piece of waterfowl gear they've made and have turned many other hunters onto it. Not a one of them complains about it after they wear it. I seldom pay list for any of it and have gotten some for as low as 65% off. Anxiously waiting for their waders to come out.

Chris

2. huntaholic21

huntaholic21 Senior Refuge Member

My banded waders lasted about 2 months last year.

3. bigrick_2u

bigrick_2u New Member

Relatively speaking... Given the two options, Drake would be the brand I would go with.

4. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

One more time- Banded waders are outstanding. I am 57 years old and have been waterfowl hunting since was a pup 14 years old. Worn all brands and types, Hodgman canvas too. Banded Gear Wader are are top notch. FYI-I have bought waders that have lasted a year, ripped, torn and leaked, whatever. Repair or buy another pair and move on.

5. tdh17

tdh17 Senior Refuge Member

Where can you buy this Sitka stuff on sale? The older i get ill pay for comfort. I'd pay a grand for a pair of waders guaranteed not to leak for 5 years. I dont mean "if these leak we will replace them for 5 years" i mean waders that will not leak period in 5 years.

Ive had 2 pairs of banded. Pair one leaked the second time i hunted them, pair 2 going on 2 years. So who knows/...

Another thing, does anyone make gore-tex waders? That seems like it might be a good idea.

6. DuckyPhe

DuckyPhe Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

Rumor has it that Sitka's putting out Goretex waders next year, they will be $1000 and guaranteed for life so you might just get your wish.

Chris

7. boodog

boodog Senior Refuge Member

LL Bean has a life time guarantee on its breathables-$299. Might be worth a look.

8. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

Bean is a very quality company.