Bankes Boats 25' is in the works!

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by Pitboss, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Diver-Down

Diver-Down Elite Refuge Member

Hell of a rig Jeff, just awesome :tu

I'd see what the 20 1/2 does then you could always have a prop shop add some pitch or a cup to get the RPM's down more if needed.

Steve

2. Pitboss

Pitboss Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

good idea Steve... agree, looking forward to seeing what it will do with the 20 1/2.

bob if your into videos get this season DX Vol 6, you will see the boat in plenty of action as well as our D3 DVD this season, Ron Bankes shooting from the Titan.

[​IMG]

from one of the DX Hunts in Maryland... Fred, Dom, Steve & Gerry:

[​IMG]

thanks,

jeff

3. Duck Monster

Duck Monster Senior Refuge Member

PB thats one big boat almost a ship and looks to move very well, how does it do in heavy sea's. Can you provide info on your paint scheme, color and why you decided to go with this color scheme? from some pics it looks green and others look gray. I always want to hear from good hunters why they did/do what they do.

Its a nice boat, hope to see it in person some day because I am sure pic's do not do it justice.

4. Pitboss

thanks DM... it proformed very well, actually exceed my expectations and this will sound funny i'm sure, but the Titan is just more of a boat than what the Goliath is. Tim Furness shortly will have done the Bankes informative video show casing the 25' Titan, very smiluar to the ones he has produced for the 2 man Revolution, the 14' Dominator, the 17' Freedom, the 19' Crusader and the 21' Golaith... that video will help answer many questions as well as have some gunning footage too.

gunning footage?

check out DX Vol 6, there is a scoter limit shot from the Titan and at the end you will see birds over the decoys, well will not see them due to the south wind blowing up 6' waves, thats the what noaa bouy reported at the end of that hunt. no cameras were damges due to water!!! :dv

other footage?

D3TV's new season starting July 2011 on The Pursuit Channel & the new D3TV DVD has 2 hunts from the Titan with Ron Bankes along, again good chances to see the boat in action.

how far is Havre de Grace Maryland? the boat along with Michale Bankes will be there, good chance to climb all over it! also in attendance will be Destination X and Brain Rhodes... DX will have the video there and think The Swamper will have his new DVD out too.

May 6, 7, 8 2011
    30th Annual Decoy & Wildlife Art Festival

Decoy and Wildlife Art Festival May 6, 7, 8th . Fri: 6 ? 9pm, Sat: 9 ? 5, Sun: 10 ? 4. Over 140 artists exhibiting and selling their art work, food, live and silent auctions, retriever demonstrations, carving competitions and more. An Outdoor Hunting show will be held at the Havre de Grace Activity Center. The Show is located a Havre de Grace Middle School, Recreation Center, and the museum, Free shuttle buses are available to all show locations and downtown Havre de Grace.

thanks,

jeff

5. barngeatbayman

barngeatbayman Elite Refuge Member

Jeff I agree 23 pitch too much, the goal when fitting a boat with the proper pitch prop is to get the engine as close to redlining the rpm of the engine without hitting the rev limiter. Unfortunately the only way to fit a boat is trial and error,best to buy a prop from a shop that will let you demo it, even if it costs a little more

6. Pitboss

agree Larry! the 20 pitch was a loaner and i purchased the 23, i think the 21 1/2 will do the trick.

bob heres a shot maybe you missed... from 2 weeks ago in New Brunswick, Pointer picture.
    i always have the blind on it during the season:

[​IMG]

7. barngeatbayman

barngeatbayman Elite Refuge Member

Agreed 21.5 will probably be money!

8. Dominique M

Dominique M Senior Refuge Member

one more !

[​IMG]

The Titan is a awesome boat !.... as Jeff says, still able to hunt in big waves out there !

Thank you Jeff, was fun and looking forward to do it again ! :yes

9. elktrout

elktrout Senior Refuge Member

Jeff
    If your looking for a prop with in between pitches, try Powertech props. I couldn't find pitches that i wanted in my factory prop so i checked out powertech and found what i needed.(http://www.ptprop.com/) Just a thought. Or go to propgods.com and ask Ken is there any other company that makes the prop your looking for.

jeremy

10. Peta

Peta Elite Refuge Member

This picture is un real. Really shows the size

[​IMG]