Bankes Pumpkinseed

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by FOWL BALL, Oct 27, 2014.

1. FOWL BALL

FOWL BALL Senior Refuge Member

I am using a LBLB right now, I enjoy the boat and it does the job, but because I am a little heavier than I was a year ago I will not go out I rough water with it. I have watched the video on the pumpkinseed and looks comfortable, nice etc. but my only concern is how much is sticks out of the water. Take in mind that's its usually calm when we are hunting on the lakes so the chop wont break it up as much...Anyone have one? If so does it really stick out to much or just as lethal as any other boat?

Oh yea LBLB for sale!

2. TonyH

TonyH Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

The boat definately sticks out higher than any other layout boat made.

It will kill ducks in none high pressured areas. In high pressure areas I would consider one with a spray shield that goes up and down.

3. Diver-Down

Diver-Down Elite Refuge Member

I have one and it works just fine where I use it. It's also pretty comfy for me and my buddies and were 6' 2" + and 220 +. Been in it on some pretty darn rough days too and the boat just rides it out.

I never really understood the theory about the boat not being as effective because it's taller. For one, we're talking 4-6" difference here. Can that really make that much of a difference ? For years I killed divers out of a boat blind in open water which sticks out of the water about 4 feet. Second, since nearly all divers approach from say 10-50' high, the birds are seeing the footprint not the profile. Ok so the buffies approaching low on the deck can see a few more inches of boat, ya think they really care ?

4. drake1199

drake1199 Refuge Member

Having owned both models let me give you my two cents. A lake bonneville is lower than a bankes and so is a ufo but once the stay shield is up there really is no difference. I have not had any problems killing birds from my new bankes. Oh and to top it off customer service is unreal with bankes. I had two lblb that I sold last year.

5. Layout101

Layout101 Elite Refuge Member

It's an OK layout but like others have said they really stick up high out of the water and throws a big shadow and I don't like them in rough water.

For bigger guys the UFO is a tough layout to beat for room and comfort.

6. FOWL BALL

Not many layout hunters in my neck of the woods, so not to much of a market for used boats. Where is a good website or place where I can SALE my lblb and possibly find a pumpkinseed? The layouts used around here are for the Rice fields in MO, so they are not exactly the type I want for hitting the lake.
    Any suggestions would help. Thanks

7. TonyH

Not sure where you are but we sell layouts in every state east of the mississipi annually. And no help on where to sell a lblb. Maybe call the owner of lblbs and he will be able to help you find it a new owner.

Everything east of the mississippi is ufo country.:dv:dv

just kidding.

8. PDPWEE

PDPWEE Senior Refuge Member

Mine works... 1475856_515900705172392_1114586141_n.jpg

9. TonyH

Sea Ducks don't count. you can shoot them from a cruise ship LOL

Apparantly so does this one.:dv:dv
    [​IMG]

10. FOWL BALL

Im in ky. Tony I come to Piqua every year....just need a GOOOOD DEAL on a new one and great price for my trade in!!;)