Bankes Pumpkinseed

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by FOWL BALL, Oct 27, 2014.

1. GEORGE ZAHRADKA

GEORGE ZAHRADKA Elite Refuge Member

If your 6'4 go with a 2 man ......I'm 6'2 and hunted out of many types and brands of layouts the mlb hides the best on the chesapeake ......

A pic with a bunch of dead hens and immature drakes don't make a boat any better ........

2. TonyH

TonyH Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

There isn't a 2 man layout made that hides better than this one. :tu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 1550FPS

1550FPS Senior Refuge Member

I fit in the bankes pretty good. I dont usually have to stay in there very long :tu

4. GEORGE ZAHRADKA

Yep met the man at point moulee a few years back when mark rogers was building something like this .......cool guy

Your more then welcome to your opinions bud .....but a grey boat here stands out like a sore thumb .......the guys I hunt with bought some of your boats good for sea ducks and hen divers :nobut for mallards and blacks here the boat needs to be greenish......Phil hooker and mike Hartnett ......Phil and I picked up a boat at 2am at your house on our way back from Kansas 2 years ago ....

5. TonyH

I won't disagree with you on color if your shooting puddle ducks. Most guys layout hunting are chasing divers and sea ducks. Puddle ducks are for fields and marshes around here. I'll see if I can show you a boat covered in ducks with red heads maybe next week. Ever seen a layout with 18-36 all red headed ducks on it? LOL

The photos are opinions my friend they are actual customers photos from a day of hunting from the boats. Wanna see some more check out our facebook pages lots of customer photos starting to come in now that seasons under way and the migration is picking up quickly.

Yup mark rongers borrowed(commissioned what ever you want to call it) the molds for a year or 2 and then well they went out of business after the owner decided to not produce boats to guys who paid for them. read all about it on the BBB. So knowing John for years he approached us and we bought the molds and name and fixed the molds and boats and now build them the way they should be built. So they don't leak and separate at the seems added some very nice features as well and thats the final result.

I vaguely remember the 2am pick up. LOL we get some odd pick ups around here. Now we put guys up in a room for the night if needed so they dont have to rush right back home. Free of charge ofcourse with all the amenities of home.:tu

6. pinepointer

pinepointer New Member

Have hunted out of UFOs and own a Bankes Pumpkinseed. Both are good designs and seaworthy, though maybe a little tight if you're a big guy with big feet. Maybe a little higher profile than the LBs but the ducks didn't mind.

7. GEORGE ZAHRADKA

Yea I seen plenty of redheads blackheads canvasbacks off coarse the sea ducks ......I been up to lake st Clair about 10 times ........it's pretty easy....

8. grunt

grunt Senior Refuge Member

Hunt a bankes out on Lake Michigan. Been out when we should have stayed home in the early days. Never an issue. It is a bit snug in the foot area for some of the bigger guys, but so far no issues. Have shot puddlers as well as tons of divers out of this boat.

This is the only layout I have experience with so no comparison comments here. The bankes deploys easy, rides nice, and picks up without issue. We run a 19 Duckwrangler as a tender.

Whatever you choose, get out there and give'er. Man nothin like it. :sp

9. TonyH

You could skip the layout all together and just get one of these. The divers love it too. :nutz:nutz

George, how about this pile of ducks does it help? still alot of immature reds out there but we tried our best to pick drakes. But hard early and late to do that right now. But we tried.

[​IMG]

And oh yea it hides well too.

[​IMG]

10. bufflehead1

bufflehead1 Senior Refuge Member

So..........according to you, a Bankes Pumpkinseed sticks out to high but a boat doesn't? Let me guess, you are the only person on the planet to build a invisible boat?