Bankes Pumpkinseed

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by FOWL BALL, Oct 27, 2014.

1. TonyH

TonyH Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Do you not see that this boat is hidden in reeds? Its not out in the open water.

And I said in high pressure areas where layout hunting is very popular I would consider a boat with a spray shield that moves up and down. in low pressure areas it would be fine.

Invisible boat? now thats an idea.:scratch Maybe we should build clear layout boats next. what ya think?

2. bufflehead1

bufflehead1 Senior Refuge Member

I MIGHT would buy one

3. TonyH

not so sure how well a clear boat would work unless the hunter has an invisible cloak or spell to make them disappear when they are in the boat. ;);)

4. PDPWEE

PDPWEE Senior Refuge Member

It takes two to continue what has become a BS thread.
    Tony H. builds lay-out boats, I think we all know that by now.
    Tony H. builds boats, I think we all know that by now.
    Tony H. is a sponsor. I am as well. With that comes varied benefits from forum to forum. Some sponsors take advantage of these benefits too often, resulting in, IMO, some overexposure at times.
    Tony H. interjects his thoughts and opinions often. We know this.
    IMO, there is not a "bad" lay-out boat manufacturer of the few companies that are out there. Do your due-diligence and find the right one for you and your conditions.
    IMO, except for the Bankes, they all lack foot/toe room. I cannot and do not want to lay with my feet splayed out or toes in. I am 5'9" 200#, plenty of room for me in the Bankes, not the others.
    IMO, I have not seen a spray shield/curtain EVER work when the chop gets up, and it seems they all leak at some point or another or will easily be damaged at some point.
    IMO, after owning both the Bankes and the UFO, and the MLB, I will stick with the Bankes.
    IMO, when I buy another lay-out boat, it will be another Bankes or one of the Core Sound Layout boats.
    http://coresoundlayoutboats.com/
    These boats are local to me, and I think I'd like to do business with a local, as long as their reputation and service remains good.
    Y'all have fun with this long winded debate, Tony H. included. The thread started with questions about the Bankes Pumkinseed. If you can answer any questions for the guy, answer them. If not, try refraining saying anything.

The Bankes Pumpkinseed is as lethal if not more lethal than any lay-out boat out there.:tu

5. Canadian hitman

Canadian hitman Senior Refuge Member

I've hunted out of 4 different models of MLB boats.

2 different models of Bankes boats.

A UFO and a LSB boat.

All have their advantages and disadvantages.

Personally i love my MLB Kevlar Supermag.

TonyH......i think u do have good products and work hard. But u do turn a lot of people off. And it's been happening for a long time. How long ago did u start making the UFO and have a big ****fest with the MLB crew?? 10 years maybe??

You took another discreet cheap shot at Mark Rongers in this thread.

And i think it was last year u made a bit of a negative comment about Americans hunting Mitchells Bay on LSC. Yet you are an American I believe and let me tell you, your reputation isn't the best Around those parts.

A good boat will quickly and easily sell itself. I think u do more harm to your business than u realize.

6. 1550FPS

1550FPS Senior Refuge Member

^ well said.

What does a TDB have to do with a bankes pumpkinseed anyways?

7. TonyH

The point is ducks are ducks. And boats are boats. They all have there uses and needs. buy the one that you like best that fits your needs.

Now everyone go kill some ducks before were iced out.:tu

8. labber1

labber1 Senior Refuge Member

I'm about 5'9 as well.
    This is my son who is about 6'
    Lots of leg room for us.
    He's sitting up high because I was near the spread, but you can see how well the color of this layout works where I hunt on Erie.
    I've hunted out of one other style layout. I didn't like it as much.
    I like that I can get the layout in & out of my tender boat by myself, both in the water & the garage.The stability of this boat is amazing, and I have only had water splash into it once. This thing is the older design. Still dry.
    [​IMG]