banning lead for doves

Discussion in 'Upland Game Forum' started by ALLSTAR 1, Aug 3, 2014.

1. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Refuge Member

If you injoy lead that's cool I'm not going to bring you down for using it. Injoy it while we can.

2. wing seeker

wing seeker Senior Refuge Member

I truly believe that eventually it will be NON-toxic shot ONLY in the US

3. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

If they ban lead for doves the only way to hit them will be if they're sitting on the power line.

4. Juca

Juca Refuge Member

Thank god we are still able to use lead...over here people would call you crazy for using steel. i cant imagine hunting ducks with steel when lead #5's and #6's are working miracles for decoy shootig

5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Over decoys isn't the problem. Out to 40 yards, most any steel load kills just fine. For a variety of reasons, I am a better shooter/hunter now, using steel, than I was when I was younger and shooting lead.

Beyond 40 yards, you have a point. But, since most shooters can't reliably hit birds beyond 27 yards, that really doesn't matter.

API likes this.
  6. Juca

Juca Refuge Member

yea it makes sense,here steel is overpriced and you can get it from Baskieri&Pellagri or Rottweil and avg price PER SHELL is $2-2.5 (they are comming in a 10 pc box) so box will cost you $20-25 and keep in mind average monthly sallary here is around $550.

7. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Well, that makes the decision easy.

API likes this.
  8. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

I quite enjoyed taking my 1913 vintage Baker SxS out for doves this year and shooting lead loads through it. I guess I could use Bismuth but at $1.60 per pound for lead vs $25 -$28 per pound for Bismuth shot I'll be environmentally unfriendly as long as I can.:yes

9. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

As in this State , we are spending our time trying to save our Freedom to have a Gun , as lead is on its way out as of 2019 .
    The Wizards of this state (politicians) are screwing us royally , with a smile !

10. wing seeker

wing seeker Senior Refuge Member

I really do believe the lead banning is coming sooner rather later. I will also say
    that I would bet that it eventually involves long range ammo as well.