Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Bass Pro experiance

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Smackdown 870, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Smackdown 870

Smackdown 870 Elite Refuge Member

Last week I made the two hour trek to bass pro to pick up a treestand, while I was there I saw that one of the trail cams were on sale so I pulled up the reviews on my phone and saw that it was on Amazon for $20 cheaper than the sale price. I walked over to a person at customer service and asked if they would match the price? The fella said yup no problem they would match it and to tell the cashier about it and show her the phone. I was checking out and paid for the tree stand and told the girl about the price match on the camera and she asked the asst store manager to come over of an override. The store manager quickly stated that they do not match prices from online store and started to walk away. I advised her that her customer service department said it would be no problem, I also advised her that I drove 2hrs to get to the store and that I would never have this kinda trouble with Cabelas. It was only when several customer started showing up and hearing our squabble did she match the price and as she turned away she stated ? this is the one and only time?. I thanked her and she stormed off as if I had taken money out of her pocket??..Thinking back on the experience???I am not very happy with the fact it took that much to get them to match the price in this economy??..come on Cabelas at the Christiana Mall???Bass Pro Shame on you.:fp

2. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

Not defending Bass Pro or any other place but all it takes is one inexperienced person or one pompus jack whipe to leave a bad taste in someone's mouth and not make you want t visit again. Many places won't honor internet pricing so I am not all that surprised but most of the big places do. I would write BassPro corporoate and let them know the experience you had there. I don't normally take this route even though I am suggesting it to you but I can't tell you how many people take the time to write a nice letter and normally get something in return including a sincere apology. If anything you should get what their corporoate policy is regarding price matching and also the person if wrong will get educated on what to honor and not honor. I think the folks in customer service should've put something in writing so you didn't have a hassle when you were in checkout line. It is defintely no fun dealing with stuff like this when you drive 5 minites or 2 hours. I can't wait until the new cabelas opens in delaware. I have only been to the cabelas in hamburg once due to the ride but wish the new one was going to be bigger. I was actualy expecting the cabelas in hamburg to be bigger than what it was.

3. chesapeake honker

chesapeake honker Elite Refuge Member

Anyone know the opening date for the Cabelas ?

4. Crow Bait

Crow Bait Elite Refuge Member

I'm shocked you got poor customer service at a big box store...

5. Bwana1

Bwana1 Elite Refuge Member

web site says "in 2014"...

6. Jblanchard

Jblanchard Refuge Member

I am not shocked at all. I drive by it every day and will not go in there. Cabelas is no better. I placed an order with Cabelas and told them that with free shipping from Rogers, Rogers was three hundred dollars cheaper on a $1800 order. They told me that they would not match prices. Rogers has the best prices and service around. I used to like Cabelas now the only thing I will buy from them is Waders. Check out Rogers. I have shopped there for the last five years, and I am very satisfied.

7. Fowlballer

Fowlballer Elite Refuge Member

Cabela's will not price match Amazon either. My question is why would you complain over $20 that you are going to have to pay shipping from Amazon as well. Just me but I am not pizzing and moaning over $20 when the product is right in front of me.

8. mdmallard

mdmallard Refuge Member

I have Amazon Prime and get free 2-day shipping on most items. I get as much stuff as I possibly can from Amazon. I get everything from dog food, tools, tv's, computer, and hunting/fishing equipment from Amazon.

9. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Sorry if this hijacks the Bass Pro thread, I absolutely love Amazon Prime. I buy everything from them, dog food, cleaning supplies, tp, toiletries.

I tend to prefer to spend my money with Rogers or Macks rather than Cabelas or BP.

10. muddyduck

muddyduck Elite Refuge Member

O.K., but looking at the site and one randomly selected duck call that you can get for $5 at Gander Mountain...

( http://www.gandermountain.com/modpe...r=view&cvsfa=2586&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=343236323531 )

I don't really see much if any discount at all, and you are either waiting awhile for shipping or buying from some sketchy unknown seller.

Amazon url for same duck whistle http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...s&ie=UTF8&qid=1381161147&sr=1-2&condition=new

Price and shipping quotes from amazon page...

Yeah, the shipping should be free. I could walk to the Cabela's in PA and back home faster than 3-5 wks.

OR...

Or this great deal...