Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Bass Pro experiance

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Smackdown 870, Oct 5, 2013.

1. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

since contacting bass pro i have received a nice email thanking me for my comments and asking me for my address. i guess they couldn't get this from my rewards card nbr i provided when i spoke to being a loyal customer and provided it for reference. now i get a followup email thanking me again saying that it is up to the local retail stores to ultimately decide on price matching and also letting me know that my incident is closed but they are turning the issue over to their retail admin department for further review and i should be hearing back from them within 72 hours. the saga goes on waiting for an answer as to why it took 40 minutes for a decision and also why they add on shipping costs of the competitor to their store for the product if they honor the price match yet there is no mention of the added shipping cost from their competitor spelled out on their web site for price matching.

i just hope i am happy with the product at this point. going to try to assemble it tonight and try to zero in my kids slug gun this week end.

2. wac49

wac49 Senior Refuge Member

Last time I was at Dick's they had a waterfowl selection that was probably almost as good as the one at BassPro. And it wasn't all "Redhead".

I have also been disappointed in the in store experience at Cabelas. It was nothing to write home about. The best store of the kind I've been in was a chain called Scheels. They have salespeople that know their categories and products and they go out of their way to be helpful. They also welcome your dogs in the store.

3. chad

chad Elite Refuge Member

My first experience with Scheels was in Reno, NV last month. Very impressed with the store.

4. drahthaarducker

drahthaarducker Elite Refuge Member

Are you talking about this site ?????:dv:dv

5. purlin12

purlin12 Senior Refuge Member

Lol maybe.... :h

6. EndoftheRoad

EndoftheRoad Senior Refuge Member

Cabelas never lets me down.

Wife picked up some waders last year when they were on sale for this upcoming year as a gift to me. Well, once the 3rd split came up, I was about to go out and purchase a new pair, and she decided to give me the gift early. Apparently she was able to get supermag 1600's for 130 bucks last february. Put them on, and something was seriously wrong with them, there was no give in the crotch area, as in Sitting would not be an option, and after 10 minutes I was halfway to being a unich.

Called Cabelas, explained that I just received them, despite them being purchased nearly a year ago. No hestiation on their part, they sent a label over, and 3 weeks later, brand new set that fits perfectly. I really figured i would be contending with the 90day return policy. Job well done, now just open up soon in DE!

7. BLKHEAD

BLKHEAD Elite Refuge Member

Won't price match from an online store? does bass pro have an online store or am i just imagining it?