Battle of Monmouth

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by apmaurosr, Oct 13, 2007.

1. apmaurosr

apmaurosr New Member

For those of you that live in New Jersey just a reminder, although we have gathered our forces and have received a boost to our confidence, the Battle of Monmouth has yet to be fought.

We are in the preparation stage for the The Battle of Monmouth, a fight that will begin on October 28th with a rally at the Clarksburg Inn - and will end 9 days later on November 6th, in the solitude of a voting booth in each and every town in NJ.

Keep up the pressure! Contact your legislators if they have not responded to your request that they oppose A3275 and S2041. Register to vote - the last day to do so is this coming Tuesday Oct. 16th. Send in your absentee ballots to be received by your County Clerk no later than Oct. 30th...

... and be present for the opening salvo of the Battle of Monmouth on Oct 28th in Clarksburg, Monmouth County! Be a part of history! Rally in an initiative to amend New Jersey?s Constitution to guarantee citizens the right to hunt and fish & demand the removal of bills A3275 & S2041.

Battle of Monmouth
    Rally for the Constitutional Right to Hunt and Fish

When: Sunday, October 28th 2007 4:00 PM
    Where: Clarksburg Inn, Monmouth County

The Battle of Monmouth was a decisive struggle of the Revolutionary War. It was not only war?s biggest one-day battle but was also the first strong showing for the Continental Army and provided a much needed boost to troop morale. It also increased public support for the war that was to ultimately free the colonies from their oppressor - Great Britain.

On October 28th 2007 the Battle of Monmouth will be fought again, but this time it will liberate our outdoor heritage from a different oppressor - Trenton. Never again will anglers, hunters, trappers, and shooters allow politicians to whittle away their outdoor freedoms, or let the uninformed mock the integrity of their wholesome values by creating vindictive legislation.

Join in the support to protect our time-honored traditions, hear speakers discuss the malicious nature of bills A3275 & S2041 (sponsored by Asm. Panter, Sen. Karcher, Asw. Greenstein) written to ban freshwater fishing, hunting, and trapping. Learn the process for making hunting and fishing a constitutional right.

Bring your family so that they can all secure a place in New Jersey?s history. Rally with people who share your values. Unite to change the face of New Jersey politics. Be a part of an event that is bigger than each of us - join the Battle of Monmouth!

** Clarksburg Inn, 465 Stage Coach Rd, Clarksburg, NJ 08510, (609) 259-2558 Near Great Adventure. Easy access from Route 195. www.clarksburginn.net Remember to Vote on November 6th.

Anthony Mauro
    Chairman, New Jersey Outdoor Alliance
    http://www.njoutdooralliance.org

Sponsored & paid for by: New Jersey Outdoor Alliance, a NJ non-profit corporation

2. apmaurosr

apmaurosr New Member

Below is a letter I received from a concerned sportsman. After hearing a NJOA presentation he paid a visit to Assemblyman Panter's office. Below is his his letter to me (I did remove one paragraph so that the letter remained focused on the issue.)

Karcher and Panter must go.
    See you at the Battle of Monmouth on the 28th.
    Ant
    -------------------------------------------

I just couldn't believe that anyone would be insane enough to try to stop or limit our rights as sportsmen, especially a politician during an election year. I looked up and read the bill on line and agreed that it presented a serious issue to the " privileges " we enjoy.

It bothered me enough that I stopped at Assemblyman Panter, Assemblywoman Greenstein, and Senator Karcher campaign headquarters in Freehold Township that evening to address the situation directly. I was told that the bill was " Misunderstood " and it only was meant to address the New Jersey Bear Hunt.

After a lengthy discussion with the campaign staff, I left assured that the New Jersey Sportsmen were being sold short and made my feelings clear regarding my intentions to make our issues known concerning re-election of Assemblyman Panter, Assemblywoman Greenstein and Senator Karcher.

Please keep us all informed of this issue, as it is a matter of great concern to us all. Please feel free to contact me at any time should you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter.

3. apmaurosr

apmaurosr New Member

Be sure to be at the Battle of Monmouth for a SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT you will not want to miss!

Fishing, hunting, trapping, shooting and conservation clubs may want to arrange for busses to take members to the rally. This approach is having success in south Jersey. We have over 7 acres of total property to accommodate parking and people so be sure to bring the family along for this historic event.

Pass the word among club members and fellow
    sportsmen. This rally is about 3275 but it will be
    more in-depth than Mullica Hill because we will be
    discussing a state constitutional amendment for the
    right to the hunt, fish and trap. Do not believe the
    recent rumors that 3275 is dead; the bill has not
    been pulled. The animal rightists have planted that
    rumor, especially in the Delaware River and Bay
    region amongst sportsmen.

The antis are also trying to convince the fishing community that they mean no harm to anglers - the bills speak for themselves and betray such deceitfulness.

See you all on this Sunday, Oct. 28th.
    http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/battle/monmouth.html

Ant