Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Bay Birds still around ?

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Diver-Fun, Jan 18, 2018.

1. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

I throw em all in the the dumpster, it’s the thrill of hunting divers and sea ducks I love.

Just a different duck all together and I love em

2. Diver-Fun

Diver-Fun Refuge Member

Thanks guys fo the info. As of now I am still planning on coming down.i hunt the bay islands mostly so I will spend the first half of the day scouting before set the decoys.

oysterfarmer I have a question to you have a recipe for the divers in orange juice?

3. oysterfarmer

oysterfarmer New Member

yeah wash the breast meat, soak in salt water over nite then rinse and put in crock pot with orange juice . i cook my breast fillets to a medium about 4 hours .

4. Diver-Fun

Diver-Fun Refuge Member

Awesome I will give it a try Thanks

5. SAXIS ISLANDER

SAXIS ISLANDER Elite Refuge Member

Sailed out today in the Pocomoke Sound. Tide was up so I cut through the marshes and surprisingly found a good number of big puddle ducks, and no little puddlers. On the outside in the "big water" I saw a dismal amount of divers. Rumor was there was a good amount on the Nanticoke. But you know how rumors are.

I'm headed for the Easton Church of God affair on Saturday laden with Virginia ham, clam chowder, goose fajitas, a hundred Little Bitches (oysters) and a half a bucket of clams about the size of the top of a beer can for shuckin'. Quite frankly I may not pull the trigger and don't really care.

6. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

I know some friends hunting there tomorrow. I hope you guys have a great day!!!