Bayou Meta Trouble

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by Farm Boy, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Farm Boy

Farm Boy Refuge Member

Has anyone heard about this yet. I read this on a different forum. "The story I have heard about this deal was it involved a hole sitter that was dropped off by some guys that went back to pick up 2 boatloads of friends from OOS'er land & a group of guys who came into the hole to hunt & found only him allready standing in the middle of the hole with no boat, no decoys, or anything else. The guy's who showed up after the hole sitter was dropped of ask this guy what the story was & from what was told me he just told them he was waiting on his buddies & they were hunting here & for them to leave. The second boat keep quizing the guy about where was his boat, hunting equipment, and other hunting members. The guy in the hole would not give them any kind of a good answer so the second group just decided the hole was still open to hunt & decided to hunt it. Well the hole sitters party showed back up, 2 full boat loads of them from what was told to me & things got very heated. The story I got was there was NO gunfire, but threats were made to the effect if someone didn't leave there would be! The guys who were threatened called the local law via cellphone & told them what was going on. As the story was relayed to me when the law showed up they started to ask questions & when the smoke cleared it appears that they may have caught them a couple of guides. The old boy that was hole sitting was to have spilled the beans & fessed up & turned states evidence. From what I was told the G&F & the law is going to throw the book at them!"

2. Gibbs

Gibbs Elite Refuge Member

Byuh Meta means trouble in Spanish. I do not understand why people go to so much trouble to hunt a place that does not have ducks. I guess some folks are gluttons for punishment.

3. Banded One

Banded One Elite Refuge Member

does not sound like much of a guide to me if the hole runner does not have his own boat???Sounds like a bunch of :joker

4. catdaddylong

catdaddylong Elite Refuge Member

The guide would not be much if he has to hunt the Metro to find ducks for his clients. It is good once in a blue moon but the other times (98%) it is just a waste of time.

"You come all the way from Little Rock and killed yoursef a woody. Uhm,uhm,uhm." - Willy Burton, Altheimer duck picker :yes

5. Banded One

Banded One Elite Refuge Member

Farm Boy any names of those guys . Just wondering if I knew them?

6. ArkieMan

ArkieMan Senior Refuge Member

It's legit. Story from local cop is a little different, but basically hole-runner holding hole for guide from Dollarway area. The fact that there was no boat/truck/motorcycle/moped/bicycle is probably what got them caught. "Boss" drops him off in middle of night. Other hunters were first to the turnaround, no sign of anyone else in area. When they get close to hole they they got "the light"!! They wanted to know just how the heck he got there!! Hole-runner didn't have gun, call, etc, so he basically told them what he was doing. Don't know about throwing the book at them (heard $1600 fine), story I hear is you can still find them there hunting said hole today....

7. catdaddylong

catdaddylong Elite Refuge Member

"These are just my friends warden. I don't know their names but I met them at the boat launch this morning and they are from New York City. I ain't charging 'em noth'n but if they slip me a tip for a Christmas present there ain't noth'n wrong with that is there ?" ;);)

8. fourche creek

fourche creek Elite Refuge Member

hole sitters,,,,happens every day,,,,,glad they tatooed their arse:amen

9. Sasha and Abby

Sasha and Abby Elite Refuge Member

Big surprise... :rolleyes:

It has been going on since they made it "illegal".

10. Farm Boy

Farm Boy Refuge Member

I haven't heard any names.