Bayou Meta Trouble

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by Farm Boy, Dec 19, 2008.

1. aholtzma

aholtzma Senior Refuge Member

Just speculating. It would be tough for the feds/gws to prove, right?

2. the Legend

the Legend Elite Refuge Member

The thing about the ticket is if they write it you have to go to court and prove you werent guiding??? The first time might be easier, but if everytime they stop you, you're carrying someone from outta state.......here's your sign:reader

3. stumpy waters

stumpy waters Elite Refuge Member

You think that the only fellas that may be paying guides are OOSers' and this will stop it? Good grief.

All in all who gives a crap if they're guiding?? You guys spend so much time complaining about the OOSer's and how they screw things up, seems like they'd be a lot better off with a guide.

Banning the guides does not seem to have resolved a single thing a Meto. Banning OOSer's isn't going to make a dimes worth of difference either. For every OOSer that cannot hunt at Meto, a local will fill his spot at the parking lot cause they will start thinking there's less people, and you guys will STILL be griping.

What are you going to do THEN?? I'd like to know the answer to that one.

4. SwampHunter

SwampHunter Elite Refuge Member

Basically he would have to prove that he is not guiding. They would have to have evidence of him guiding if they want the ticket to stick.
    If he proves that he is not guiding and is still given several tickets over a period of time at what point is it harrassment though? Especially if those tickets come from the same wardens that have been proved wrong in court.

I used to guide but don't any more. I have lots of friends from out of state that hunt with me.... even some are former clients. Some people form friendships out of a former business.

I don't know if the guy is guiding or not, but it does sound rather suspicious. If he is breaking the law in one way he is probably breaking the law in other ways as well.

5. the Legend

the Legend Elite Refuge Member

You make a good point....I personally dont care about the guiding, AS LONG AS.....they go in the same time erebody else does and follow the other rules.....the whole thing about sleeping in holes and siht is what gets me......It would be better if OOSers could ONLY hunt the Metro with a guide, at least then they couldnt pay for a hunt and gps a hole and come back???

6. In Close

In Close Elite Refuge Member

As Far As I Can Get From Skybusters & Spinners & V
    Assuming there was illegal guiding going on, tell the violators (clients); "if you will testify under oath that you were on a guided hunt on a WMA with the defendant, the State of Arkansas will drop all charges against you." :doh

7. aholtzma

aholtzma Senior Refuge Member

Got it!

8. olduckhunter

olduckhunter Elite Refuge Member

don't believe anything the woodypeckerwood people tell you.

old

9. gascrewgunn

gascrewgunn Senior Refuge Member

There must be about the same number of ducks in Arkansas as in Alabama!

10. GEARDOWN

GEARDOWN Elite Refuge Member

No, here's where they are.