Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

BAYSIDE VS SEASIDE

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by SAXIS ISLANDER, Feb 13, 2017.

1. SAXIS ISLANDER

SAXIS ISLANDER Elite Refuge Member

I'm slated to do a little talk to contrast/compare the hunting styles and opportunities of the Bayside verses the Seaside of Delmarva. I thought I'd put it to the experts here on the 'Fuge seeking your opinions.

FYI...bayside being the Chesapeake, Seaside being mainland to barrier islands from OC to Cape Charles..

What do you love and hate about gunning these areas?

2. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

I hate tourists

rise&grind01 likes this.
  3. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Senior Refuge Member

Honestly the only thing about seaside is the Brant have gotten smarter the last few years. Both are awesome though. Some days I could do without all the people in the marshes n the mud. But I can't really say anything bad about either area.

4. SAXIS ISLANDER

I appreciate that..What do you like about hunting on the seaside??

5. Dirtybird420

The mix of diff ducks. Often times we have 5 plus diff species in the bag. Also just being able to hear the ocean some days is cool. One thing you could talk about is etiquette. I kno it's been beat to death but a few times this year I've witnessed some horrible sky busting. I kno everyone has done it but its just unnecessary and assuming a lot of the people at ur seminar might be new hunters might be good to talk about briefly. You kill rates n having birds feet off the water and 20 yards or closer just makes it better. Our public lands are already pretty packed so if more people hunted a little better it would be better for everyone.

6. mrsteve

mrsteve Senior Refuge Member

But why? Patternmaster says I can kill ducks at 90 yards.

Mr_Mallard likes this.
  7. Dirtybird420

If you can do it on a regular basis I'd like you to teach me how. It's just so much nicer letting em work n finish in my opinion. Kinda like deer hunting with a bow. Can I shoot 50 sure but how much cooler is it to kill at 10

8. johnskipper41

johnskipper41 Refuge Member

What I like about hunting seaside on the barrier island side. The nice sandy bottom putting out your decoys is easy. Brant hunting is probally my favorite bird to hunt. They give it up pretty.The sound of the ocean and on a slow day you can come home with a bucket of clams.

9. SAXIS ISLANDER

Clams, oysters, or a collection of shells....maybe even a duck or two...It all makes for a pretty cool day. Thanks!

10. mrsteve

mrsteve Senior Refuge Member

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't convey well on internet forums. :)