Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

BBQ INFO Needed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by kahunna, Oct 14, 2017.

1. kahunna

kahunna Elite Refuge Member

Checking for some travelling friends who are spending a day or two with their Airstream around Sevierville on their way back to Virginia...any real BBQ in/around that area? They do not mind riding an hour or two to find it.
    Also, any BBQ worth eating in/around Nashville or Knoxville? This would be a lunch or dinner stop while on the road (probably not in city with Airstream), as they are not spending the night at these two cities.
    Thanks, k

2. mister gadwall

mister gadwall Senior Refuge Member

The Full Service Bbq in knoxville area has been rated on 100 best in uSA. It is excellent One location right off Merchants rd exit to the right ( and that exit is mile north on I -75 off 640 bypass). Less than 20 miles west from the sevierville exit on 40.

Here are three that are within a few miles of the Bearden Papermill Rd exit off 40-75 in west Knox: Buddy BBQ is local to area of knoxville and is very good; Archers BBQ is other top 100 rated BBQ in Knox (both Buddy and Archer are on kingston Pike near the exit); Dead End Bbq has been a local favorite as well, and it is less than two miles of same exit.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  3. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

last time I was there, i really enjoyed Calhouns

4. medickitttttt

medickitttttt New Member

Jack's is the best in nashville located on lower Broadway big sign can't miss it

5. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

With an Airstream, maybe the Jack's Trinity Lane location would be better. A couple of blocks off I65 just north of Nashville. Plenty of room in the parking lot to maneuver.

6. mister gadwall

mister gadwall Senior Refuge Member

YES--IT IS still very good , but actually l don't think it is on par with Full Service or Archers which do fresh, pulled to order. Calhouns has better sides and is more of a full steak to fish to bbq place than the others mentioned in Knox which are small but focused on one product: PORK. Calhouns has a location half mile off the same Bearden Papermill exit as the other three mentioned in earlier post.

having said that, Texas friends say the friday only BEEF brisket at Archers is on par with best they can get in Texas, which is saying some serious stuff.

7. mallardhunter

mallardhunter Senior Refuge Member

In Nashville, Martin's on Belmont Blvd. I'd rather eat Jim 'N Nick's on Charlotte than Jack's any day.

8. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Tex's on Fesslers Lane in Nashville would be my top choice but his buddy would never get an Airstream anywhere close. Parking is an issue.

9. kahunna

kahunna Elite Refuge Member

Last word...my travelling friends did not realize how TOURISTY the Pigeon Forge/Sevierville area was, and picked up and headed off after one overnight! After all, they had just spent most of the summer and early fall in the wilds of British Columbia, Alberta, Montana, Wyoming, and Sedona, Arizona (when the early snows hit)...don't think they were prepared for Dollyville!
    Thanks for the suggestions fellas.

10. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Can't say I blame them after that itenerary! Lol