Big Game Hunting Forum Sponsors

Bear Down

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting Forum' started by Native NV Ducker, May 17, 2016.

1. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Hey, I have to live with it every day. As does my Saint of a wife. Consider yourselves lucky

API likes this.
  2. 480/277y

480/277y Senior Refuge Member

Too funny

Actually black bears feeding on blue berries in the fall is good eats. Same bear eating spawned out fish, not so much....

3. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

"
    Mayo Clinic
    Irradiation will kill parasites in wild-animal meat, and deep-freezing for three weeks kills trichinella in some meats. However, trichinella in bear meat does not die by freezing, even over a long period. Neither irradiation nor freezing is necessary if you ensure that the meat is thoroughly cooked."
    Im jealous
    I have a friend whose house hangs over a small river. He catches breakfast from his deck

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Sorta funny story. We have free range bunnies. Running about 15-20 right now. All different colors.
    Bread Bunnies (4).JPG

So, while I was at the rodeo, working our concession stand, wife hears a bunny scream. Looks out, sees a fox. She tried to get him with the 10/22, but messed up. So, I figure I gotta set some traps. Figured, hey, half a trout or whitefish might work. It was late, 10:00ish, and getting dark fast. Grabbed my fly rod, walked over to the river. Thought, something in the 10-12" range would be ok. First fish that hits, 17" Cutt. Naww, can't keep him. Next one, 15" cutt. Dang it!!! The next one broke the fly off, and it was too dark to go back and get another.
    Probably get me a couple of chipmunks today, instead.

5. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

We should all have that problem. :yes