Beavertail Blind and War Eagle 860 Owners - Question

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Ghetto Slaya, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Ghetto Slaya

Ghetto Slaya Senior Refuge Member

I have done quite a bit of searching on the Beavertail Blind, the 1800 series model. I have found some good reviews on the blind itself. Great looking blinds.

Does anyone have this blind on a War Eagle 860 with a side console? Looking for your feedback.
    thanks.

2. qwk-qwk-b00m

qwk-qwk-b00m Elite Refuge Member

Didn't have that specific boat but did have one in that size with a side console. Couple of my experiences:

1. The front and rear deck make it tough to align shooting holes and get the right hunter in the right spot.
    2. Get the rear brace far enough forward that you don't hit it with the motor when tilting all the way up. Busted my oil window that way.
    3. The one I had didn't have any stubble straps.
    4. The Velcro on the shooting holes don't last too long.
    5. It's a well built blind and lasted a long time. Only thing that broke was the ends of the cross brace that wrapped around the outside of the boat.

I probably prefer the quickflip over the Beavertail but that's because I prefer having a good overhead option.

3. Ghetto Slaya

Ghetto Slaya Senior Refuge Member

I appreciate the reply. This is good information. I was wondering about the shooting decks front and back. I am thinking about getting 4 of the blind rail accessories and bolting the cross braces to those.

4. qwk-qwk-b00m

qwk-qwk-b00m Elite Refuge Member

If you lived near Oklahoma I'd sell you one.