Beavertail phantom or creek boat m80?

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Drake91, May 12, 2018.

1. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

Being a advid Kayaker, I would suggest something with oars (oarlocks) if you are planning paddle/oar any distance. Wide bottom boats are hard to paddle. Also depending on the distance and terrain I would look in a wheel cart.

Carstens Pintail?

2. oldfireguy

oldfireguy Senior Refuge Member

The creekboat m10 is rated highly for tracking. Videos available. 40 lbs. Stable. Rotomolded construction.
    I have one being delivered to my camp in the Coteau.

3. msk

msk Refuge Member

What corner of PA? I'm in NJ could show you / let you try mine

4. CountryRN

CountryRN Refuge Member

I looked heavily at the beavertail along with a couple other options before buying the Creekboat. Actually a Nucanoe frontier 10 was at the top of my list but those things are over a grand to purchase without any options. As for the phantom, I didn't like the seat option on it. There is no way to put a raised seat in it as there is with the Creekboat. Also the video of the guy paddling the phantom makes it look tippy, like the guy was trying very hard to make it look more stable than it is.
    I will not say that the Creekboat M98 can not be flipped, but I will say that I can comfortably paddle the thing against stream current with a few dozen decoys and my excessive amount of gear (I always tend to carry too much) without feeling like I am going to take a bath in 20 degree weather. I also liked the option of being able to put a trolling motor on it if needed or as you can see in the picture below; rig up a set of wheels out of an old transom mount trolling motor clamp.
    Is the M98 the best option, maybe not, but it has definitely been a good little boat for my use. I am curious to see how the Labrador does in it once he gets back from training next month. It's going to be interesting.

Creekboat.jpg Creekboat 2.jpg

5. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Bought the Nucanoe Frontier 12 and will be putting a Rickshaw(1.7HP) LT on it.