Bed Cover

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by fireduck, Aug 5, 2015.

1. fireduck

fireduck Elite Refuge Member

Finally got my new truck. I've had a few things done-spray on liner- got the windows tinted. Looking at a bed cover made by Tonneau Extang Solid Fold 2.0. Any advice on this cover. Looks easy to assemble and take off- it also fits my budget! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Kenny

2. sculpin67

sculpin67 Senior Refuge Member

I am looking at the same one. O just got a Silverado after having Avalanche's for years. I'm debating between that and the DiamondBack HD. The DB is nice, but the black one is $1800...

3. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Wonder if that's the same one I saw on a truck in Home Depot's parking lot last winter with the guy who owned the truck beating it with a 2x4 to get the cover open on it because it was frozen???? Could be........

4. sculpin67

sculpin67 Senior Refuge Member

Was it all metal? I wonder if the covers freezing on is a problem. Not much winter sun in Ohio...

Instead of the 2.0, I think I would spend the extra $100 and get the encore, which allows the front to be opened too.

5. 10GAGENUT

I don't really know it looked all black to me, metal or plastic I'm not sure.
    They way he was beating the tar out of the thing I wasn't going to go and ask, he seemed a bit frustrated...:l

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I have an Encore. Nice, but I'd be worried about it freezing, if that is a problem in your area. Not so much here, but it could be up North. Nice cover though, and easy to put on/take off by myself. Make sure to check and re-check nut/bolt tightness, or Loc-Tite. I lost a locking pin recently that vibrated loose.

7. 10GAGENUT

I could understand wanting these newer type flip models for the convenience.
    I had Leer Fiberglass Toppers on my two trucks when I worked construction, kept my tools in them, never got wet at all and never got broken into. I'm sure none of them are totally secure but the Leers IMHO were worth the money.

8. AzSprig

AzSprig Elite Refuge Member

I have the extang tri fold and love it, easy to take off if I need to, great product.

9. fireduck

fireduck Elite Refuge Member

I did buy the Extang Tri Fold and it was easy on and easy off. It is not 100% waterproof, but it is pretty close. Rain does not get in, at the car wash with the cloth strips,no water gets in. At one car wash with the high pressure jets, there will be just a little. Still very happy with it! Kenny

10. EdgeWater175

EdgeWater175 New Member

I just got a gmc sierra and put the solid 2.0 on the back. It is made of a dent-resistant polypropylene panels and I can stand on it

Does leak a little but Im still working on the positioing. If you are not going in and out or storing expensive tools, this a great option.