Been a while...couple of builds.

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by NCSUDucker, Aug 7, 2017.

1. NCSUDucker

NCSUDucker Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Well, just finished up a NFZ for a customer up in VA. After doing so, I had a little work to do on my near 10 year old NFZ that I had neglected for the past couple of years. With a little time on my hands I opted for a new personal NFZ.

Here's the one I just finished. She's 19'3" and just over 750 lbs. All okoume marine ply with bed liner sprayed on the interior. The lower sides and the bottom are 1" thick to handle the impacts that come with running a mud motor. LED interior lights, onboard battery charger, LED light bar, Max It Out LED stern light, LED bow light, two bilge - one on auto/manual and the other on manual, bed liner on the decks, removable grab bar, lighted switch panel with voltmeter, USB port and 12 volt aux outlet, permanent 12 gallon below deck fuel tank UHMW keel strips, a layer of 5oz Kevlar sandwiched between two layers of 6 oz glass on the lower hull.

boat build.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(cont.)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2017
    Valleyhonker and Pastor like this.
  2. NCSUDucker

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So with having just completed this one, I had a lot of good ideas for mine! I'm pretty close to finishing up and it will probably be another week or so but I'll post the progress so far.

Here's a shot before I finished the framing after the bed liner was sprayed.
    [​IMG]

I went all out on the electronics and panel. There is a dry storage compartment with a equally sized open front compartment right beside it. The lower area is where you can drop things that you don't mind getting wet but down want rolling around. Controls are for the interior LED lights, LED light bar, bilge pump, radio, fuel gauge, and running lights. Panel has 12v aux outlet, USB charging port, and voltmeter. Also a master switch that cuts the panel on. Auto bilge switch and radio.

[​IMG]

On the other side of the running seat/storage compartment, I added a little panel compartment. The compartment is for the spotlight that always ends up on the floor of the boat (there is a twist lock trolling motor receptacle at the back of the compartment with a plug installed on the spotlight so it won't pull out). There is control for the amplifier, winch and another 12v aux outlet).
    [​IMG]

(cont.)

3. NCSUDucker

Fuses are easy to access on the side of the control panel.
    [​IMG]

The rear speakers and the powered sub (located on the wall of the rear compartment) were the only things hooked up at the time, volume was about half way up LOL. Regardless, the speaker lights will make for nice additional cockpit lighting.

Winch is located in the front compartment. I used the factory fairlead and sandwiched the hole cut in the bow with two aluminum fairleads and a piece of rubber with a slit to minimize water entry into the compartment.
    [​IMG]

The bilge area has the two bilges as well as a fuel water separator and will house the fuel pump and rev limiter for the motor.
    [​IMG]

I've done a little more but haven't taken pictures since this one last night. Sides are on in the pic and have since attached the coaming and covered the rear deck.
    [​IMG]

Hope you guys enjoy and I'll post a few more pics over the next two weeks.

Brad

4. NCSUDucker

Fuses are easy to access on the side of the control panel.
    [​IMG]

The rear speakers and the powered sub (located on the wall of the rear compartment) were the only things hooked up at the time, volume was about half way up LOL. Regardless, the speaker lights will make for nice additional cockpit lighting.

Winch is located in the front compartment. I used the factory fairlead and sandwiched the hole cut in the bow with two aluminum fairleads and a piece of rubber with a slit to minimize water entry into the compartment.
    [​IMG]

The bilge area has the two bilges as well as a fuel water separator and will house the fuel pump and rev limiter for the motor.
    [​IMG]

I've done a little more but haven't taken pictures since this one last night. Sides are on in the pic and have since attached the coaming and covered the rear deck.
    [​IMG]

Hope you guys enjoy and I'll post a few more pics over the next two weeks. Be sure and follow on Instagram @tollerboatworks if you have an account for lots more pics.

Brad

stevena198301 likes this.
  5. spring man

spring man Senior Refuge Member

Very nice work!

NCSUDucker likes this.
  6. CJS

CJS Senior Refuge Member

Attn to detail to the nines

NCSUDucker likes this.
  7. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

8. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Always blown away by your craftsmanship Brad, very nice.
    Dan:clap:tu

NCSUDucker likes this.
  9. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

That is one cool boat!

NCSUDucker likes this.
  10. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Nice looking rig.

NCSUDucker likes this.