Been Awhile

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by Trevor Shannahan, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Well I've been busy with a new job, filming, and learning a new setup, so I've been out of the loop for a while. Figured I'd post a few recent ones up. I'm still learning this new 5DMarkiv and Sigma 150-600mm setup, and it was pretty cloudy so most of these are at over 2000 ISO. Let me know what you guys think and if anybody is running the same setup please lend some tips

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8vs9b70fjcz8o4s/AACkZjDN8ktqpxmf85Ds_joca?dl=0

2. boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy Elite Refuge Member

Which Sigma do you have...Sport or Contemporary? The 5D IV is very impressive. I've only heard about the IV but my daughter shoots a pair of IIs and a III. She had me assist her on a wedding shooting the III matched to a 70-200 II and I set the thing up like I would, then she came over and said she wanted to set it up to her settings. I had it on ISO 1600 shooting natural light coming in a window that was fading fast. She cranked the thing up to ISO 10,000 and I thought what the heck!!! these shots are going to be so noisy they will all get trashed. Nope...it was crazy how nice the shots turned out.

3. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

I have the Sport.

I have some shots at 12800 that are almost perfectly clean on this Mark iv, it does blow my mind.

boykinsbuddy likes this.
  4. Dizzy Duck

Dizzy Duck Elite Refuge Member

My Next Camera Trevor!!! I just bought the 7D II and love the AF but not so much the noise. "Still".... And, LOVE My Sigma 150-600 Sports!!!