Beginning to hate goose decoys

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Kevin Burroughs, Sep 29, 2017.

1. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

I hunted with Kevin back when he had Rascal, never heard him yell at Rascal, but I wouldn't yell at any dog that killed Racoons on a regular basis like that dog did that was also a house dog.

2. Kevin Burroughs

Kevin Burroughs Elite Refuge Member

I loved that dog, still miss him. Fishdog was the only guy I know that he liked right off the git go. He was a great dog.

3. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

I really feel your disappointment. I do..
    You worked hard on your adventure. You keep us informed all spring how the foothills had a great hatch. You posted a great thread on a blind build with a area for the dog w/pics. A great thread with pictures of setting the blind and camo it up with matching pasture grass.. constant updates on bird numbers in your area and the amount of water you had...You gave us a entertaining thread of the numbers of decoys to be used..and then reported that thousands of birds were in your area a few days before the season.....

You, like most, including me would expect the ultimate climax that would leave you spoushing for a few days afterwards... only to blue balled...honkers will do that !

I'm not sure as I may be wrong but I don't think you CAN'T hunt early honkers on refuges...even if your are the skipper of the short buss.

I think there is a moral to the story in there some where and maybe Confucius says it best..""" you pound chest to hard... you bruise tittie"""...so all that is left to do now is let the bruising heal and GET READY for the general opener coming soon !

Oh and I have found, if it helps, sterile cow pastures are better for frogging that hunting honkers..

[​IMG]

4. Refugeguy

Refugeguy Senior Refuge Member

Out freaking standing seaters!! Plus them frogs are better eating