Benelli SBE 3 shoots high/ Benelli reply

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Flyfisher, Dec 6, 2017.

1. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Tall skinny cowboy look'in dude with an old dog hanging around the little trailor?

2. MAKAIRA

MAKAIRA Elite Refuge Member

Just won the bid on gunbrokers on a SBE 3 figured for under $1300 it was worth a try.
    Now time too sell a Sbe1 and a couple of Novas to pay for it:nutz

mudhen likes this.
  3. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

High rib or low?

4. shooter

shooter Elite Refuge Member

I stopped talking to him when he explained that the only stock fit that needed to be done was to make the butt stock perpendicular to the barrel. Guess it works for some, but seemed shockingly ignorant to me for someone in that line of work. More power to the folks that he helped.
    Like Leaky said, targeting the bottom of the bull is a BS way to correct the pattern placement. Even then it's shooting high. You'd think a gun maker would be able to fix a simple problem like that. :confused:

5. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

I think he is more tuned into the trap shooters, at least I hope that's the case.
    I've talked with Lance many times about shotgun fit, and each time I walked away scratching my head.
    I told him if he could find another stock to cut spacers so people could actually try what he was preaching that he would get five times the business. I've never had the chance to talk with anyone that has had their gun fit by him and I've asked around a bit.
    I can use all the help I can get, I just can't afford to shoot clays much anymore.
    It's just not in the cards for me right now.:(

6. MAKAIRA

I think it is a low but not sure.It is at the gunsmith getting the once over before it on the market.

7. Refugeguy

Refugeguy Elite Refuge Member

If it’s the heckler and koch version. I’m interested

8. Rick Hall

I've a friend who is/was looking for the later, high rib version (not the HK import), PM me if it's that and I'll give him a call.

9. MAKAIRA

What is the difference?i also have my sbe that I shoot all the time but it has a lot of rounds through it unlike the camo one.

10. Rick Hall

He already has a high-ribbed later SBE I and wants an identical back-up. Believe SBE2s have the same high rib, but (as I understood him) the inside of the stock differs and won't accommodate a type of recoil reducer he also favors.