Benelli SBE 3

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Jesg1224, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Jesg1224

Jesg1224 Refuge Member

Hi Fellow Duck Hunters,

I'm new to the forum but wanted to share my experience so far with the new Benelli SBE 3.
    It's a really sweet gun so far. I'm not sure if anyone else had a problem removing the cocking lever on the bolt assembly in order to assemble or strip the gun, but I did.
    I put up a YouTube video on how I got around that. Here it is:

I'll keep everyone posted on the new gun. I shot ~125 rounds of 2-3/4", 1oz, 1200 fps right out of the box and the gun didn't miss a beat.
    I still need to pattern the gun to see how it's shooting but I'm doing ok at sporting clays with it so far so I expect it's ok.

Jes

JP and callinfowl like this.
  2. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    Love mine, great and flawless with about 1000 rounds now.

callinfowl likes this.
  3. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Too rich for my blood !
    I'll stick with my original SBE which has tens of thousands of rounds sent down the tube.

Mr.Bones and dogknott like this.
  4. Jesg1224

Jesg1224 Refuge Member

This is my first SBE, upgrading from the Beretta A300 Outlander (which is a fine gun, especially for the price).
    It is expensive though.... I would say overpriced for what it is, but I do like it a lot so far.

callinfowl likes this.
  5. Jesg1224

Jesg1224 Refuge Member

I shot another 125 rounds through it today. I patterned it and it is shooting high, with a full choke at 20yrds, center spread was several inches (maybe about 8") from the aim point. The funny thing is that i shot sporting clays after that and shot a 92/100.. my highest score to date. So, it's working well with my clays shooting. I just need to make sure I aim lower when I'm turkey hunting it seems...

6. Jesg1224

Jesg1224 Refuge Member

I plan to do a detailed review video of the SBE 3 soon. What would you guys want to see in the video? What are the most important factors for you?

BAYDOG likes this.
  7. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Check which stock shims are in it against the listing of them in your owners manual as this may explain shooting above your POA.

Good luck with it as the one I held sure pointed well.

8. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

If he's hitting 92's I wouldn't even think about changing shims.
    As far as turkeys go aim for the base of the neck and you're golden.:yes

JBRUNO4590 likes this.
  9. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

+1

10. Jesg1224

Jesg1224 Refuge Member

i'll keep the shims as they are for now. The differences between the SBE 2 and 3 are mostly cosmetic/ergonomic. The significant performance improvement are in the bolt assembly, an extra spring that ensures that the bolt closes (solves the "benelli click") if you check to see if there is a shell in the chamber. It's suppose to have a little better recoil reduction as well. I do like the ergonomic changes though. They are significant to me, especially the foregrip. I'll see if I can put a video together doing a side by side comparison and evaluation of performance.