Benelli SBII 25th Anniversary ?

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by WK2HNT, Nov 6, 2017.

1. WK2HNT

WK2HNT Senior Refuge Member

OK experts, I bought one today brand new for a good price, Hope it is as good as my SBII that Ive rebuilt twice. Gonna go home and set the shims just like my original and go give her a nice run on skeet and five stand. The factory cerakote finish sold me and the fact that Im not hearing the best reviews on the new III gun. Any of you guys have one of these lets hear the good and bad.

2. mb123

mb123 New Member

Looked at one while I was deciding between it and a SBE3. Other than a different coating and the extended chokes, bolt handle and bolt release it is just another SBE2. Love the SBE2 model but I opted for the SBE3 and am happy.

3. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    You must not have looked very close , there are a ton more then just cosmtic changes. Different bolt lock up in the battery, redesigned shell lifter, wider larger loading port. It's actually more like the Ethos then the SBE2

Seaark18 likes this.
  4. mb123

mb123 New Member

I was referring to the SBE2 Anniversary edition I’m my previous post. I am aware of the SBE3 improvements, it has driven me to purchase 2 of them.

5. ronaldo

ronaldo Senior Refuge Member

[Hope it is as good as my SBII that Ive rebuilt twice[/QUOTE]
    What is it that you have or have had to rebuild?

6. WK2HNT

Ronaldo, the older sbii has had 2 sure cycles, numerous mag. spring sets and follower before the follower was made of metal, 2 ejector plates in barrel, trigger springs and 2 weeks ago in Alberta on the last morning hunt the carrier release button came all to pieces which I have replaced but it was time to get another one. this gun has had over 70 cases of 3.5 inch shells through it and I just dont think they are made for that heavy of a load at that volume of shooting; I do have a Benelli legecy sport that has over 100 cases shot through it at sporting clays and 5 stand light loads and it has never had anything done to it. Im hoping the 25th anniv. gun will be as good as the last one.

ronaldo and Seaark18 like this.
  7. WK2HNT

Put 100 rounds on her yesterday afternoon on five stand, shot 25 with factory ic and last 75 with factory mod. was very happy that it shoots like my older gun. Old man told me one time that the magic is not in the wand its in the magician and Ive always remembered it.

8. ronaldo

ronaldo Senior Refuge Member

Very true, but the wand still plays a part..........