Benelli Super Black Eagle III , leaked!

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by BAYDOG, Jan 13, 2017.

1. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    Suppose to be a big announcement this Monday(16th) Seems to maybe have slipped early. I might look at it if it were over bored. But won't if its just minor stuff.
    15941509_1940606309503256_5552662253588608442_n.jpg

2. Ohh2ofowl

Ohh2ofowl Senior Refuge Member

Saw the new Benelli as it was beginning tested at St. Paul the end of December. Asked not to talk about it but since it is out now I can. The SBE 3 has fourteen improvements over the SBE 2. Some are slight but several are majr and were needed. Write up will be in Guns and Ammo's February issue when Skip Knowles tested it at Cold Bay, AK. It is a nice shotgun and I will probably have to buy one after seeing it.

Scout_mn likes this.
  3. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Elite Refuge Member

I was thinking about a new shotgun.... My SBEII is wearing out, so much so that I don't think it is fixable... I have shot so many rounds through the gun the brass on the shell casing has worn the ID of the aluminum in the lower action, so much that the plastic mag follower was shooting into the action with the mag spring!.. I bought a replacement made out of aluminum, and it would get stuck in that worn opening!!!! shooting up to the shell release. I machined a new one .005" larger in dia than the aftermarket aluminum follower, and it was getting stuck...but not as bad.... but still enough I could not push it back into the magazine with my thumb!...so this past week I machined another follower that is .010" dia larger.... and it sticks in that worn opening, but I can break it free with my thumb or with a new shell being pushed by my thumb!!!...we will see how long that lasts. I guess the gun has seen its days, I could imagine it fired 10-15,000 shells...99% 3.5"......if the new gun also has an aluminum lower receiver....or at least doesn't have an improvement in that area(hint steel ring!!)... I might have to make a choice.... if the guns were still $1500-$1600....id just buy a new one...but the SBE3 looks like it might be closer to $2K........ I loved my SBEII....just don't see why it is so expensive....... I am sure they are just gouging the consumer....because of great reviews

BB

4. Chicken

Chicken Elite Refuge Member

my gun is starting to do this

5. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Elite Refuge Member

I wondered if benelli would fix that for free???? seems like a new lower receiver would be cost prohibitive for most guys....especially if they sent it assembled with the parts inside it installed(not the trigger group though)