Benelli Vinci Review after 3 years

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by boykinhntr, Jan 14, 2013.

1. boykinhntr

boykinhntr Elite Refuge Member

There are plenty of reviews of nepw guns so I thought I would give a review after 3 seasons. I use this gun for duck, dove, turkey, and some skeet. It's a black synthetic with 26" barrel.
    I don't know how many cases have been through it but it's a decent amount. Nothing like a trap or skeet shooter(although I do those several times a year) but it's seen a lot of shells. I will also say that I am terrible at taking care of my shotguns. This one is occasionally left in its case wet after a hunt, left in the back of my Ranger all week while at camp etc...

The Bad
    I tried to sell this gun after the first season. I had one hell of time adjusting to it. That is not on the gun but on me. I think the light weight was causing me to not following through on passing shots. I shot terribly until I got used to it!

Smashing your finger. This is not an issue for me but I have heard others complain. I have had the trigger guard smack my finger a few times but again is not an issue for me.

Safety. ... The safety is located on the front of the trigger guard and that was hard to get used to. HOWEVER that was only a negative at first. Now I find it to be easier and prefer the location.

Jamming.... When I first got it I baited this gun. I cleaned it after each hunt. I noticed the gun would cycle slow the first few rounds. It was frustrating at first but then I figured out the gun runs perfectly with little to no oil. I want using much but it doesn't like oil. I now just put a light coat on a rag and use it to keep the rust away but it didn't need additional lubrication.

The Good
    This is the most reliable semi I have owned or even seen. After discovering the gun didn't like much lub, I can't think of a single malfunction in 3 years. It stays muddy, dirty, and even had some rust on the barrel from scratching it and leaving it wet. The thing gets a 10 plus for reliability.

Versatility
    I realize some inertia guns don't like light loads but mine shoots anything. 7/8s to Magnum loads are no problem. I use this shotgun for dove all the way up to Turkey loads and slugs.

Weight
    This is a feather weight gun for a 12. Easy to carry through the woods.

Fit
    This is a person thing but the gun shoulders fatter than any auto on the market. The design allows for quick pointing as well. The recoil pad is effective but not cumbersome. It won't hang up on your jacket like some of the others. The Vinci is a fast gun to shoot and that is my favorite part of it

Design
    I think the design is sort of ugly but genius! It breaks down in seconds with no pins or caps to lose or drop. Although I have never experienced a problem I am sure I will at some point. Is nice to know that I can take it down in the field and not worry about keeping up with parts. You also realize how little there is to go wrong when you see the guts. It's a simple design with few things that can go wrong.
    Cleaning and storing it is as simle as a gun can be.

Overall I have to say this is a home run. In my club we have mainly Benelli and Berettas. Mine is the only Vinci. All of the other guns do well and I would have no problem recommending them. But I can say that mine is the only one I have seen that has never had an issue.

Mine is just one gun out of many so I'm sure there are some problems out there. But after 3 years of abuse I can say I recommend the Vinci.

Sent from phone so forgive the many errors

ronaldo likes this.
  2. Big Gun

Big Gun Senior Refuge Member

I love my Vinci. I am on my second year with my gun. Mine jammed two times the first two times it was shot. I took mine out of the box put it together, that's it, no wiping or cleaning. First two shots jammed because of the lube/oil. Have shot going on three cases out of it and it has never missed a lick since. Have too found out it seems to function better with no lube. When mine gets wet I take it apart and spray it down with WD40 let it dry and put it back together. Great gun, ugly as hell but one of my better shooters. I have 4 Benelli's and 24 total shot guns mostly duck guns and this one and my 870 Super Mag are my favorites.

3. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

I have to admit i do shoot vinchis very well, they fit me briliantly. And i think your sumary is a fair one, i am often quoted as a Benelli hater but i am not at all i just hate the way they gunk up and click about returning to batery etc, but my time with the vinchi has shown me they are not all SBEs and the vinchi i used worked more like an old model 121 i had years ago quite well. If i were ever to own another Benelli * Doubtfull* it would be a vinchi.

4. boykinhntr

I forgot to add that they fixed the Benelli click!

5. MadMan

MadMan Refuge Member

I too have had mine for 3 seasons. Very radical design but so was the AR15.
    I hunt in South La and in North Miss in marsh, swamp, fields and in lots of rain. This gun has served me very well. One of the fastest cycling gun I own. Fits me like a glove and I can carry this around all day with the light weight. I only use this gun for ducks and geese so it always shoots high brass loads, magnums, BBs, etc. and have had no issues with cycling; I clean the gun alot during the season but that is habit. I have club members that shoot Berretta and always want to handle and shoulder my Vinci and remark how well it fits and shoots. I own Brownngs, Berretta and Bennellis and this is my personal favorite. Shooting mostly Estate 3" no 3s 1 1/4 thru a patternmaster long range.

6. John H

John H Senior Refuge Member

I had a Vinci for 1 season but could not handle the trigger guard "biting" me on every shot! I actually thought it broke my finger it hit me so many times!:(
    So I sold it for 100 less than I paid for it and got the Super Vinci! The trigger guard was a better design than the Vinci and has never bit my finger like the Vinci did:tu. I love my SV:amen

7. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

This is my 3rd season shooting the Vinci, and although I've never been able to call it a good looking gun, I can definitely say that it's the best autoloader I've ever owned. I loved the SBE, the M1, the M2, and the Montefeltro, but the Vinci is the best of the bunch in my opinion.

8. boykinhntr

And just to show how is treated! I just looked at this thing and decided to clean it sinceis the last day of season.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Seaark18

Seaark18 Senior Refuge Member

Black Benellis sure do seem to rust fast! I'm glad my SBE2 is camo.

10. boykinhntr

All black guns rust unless they are coated or dipped. For that price I wish they would.