Benelli Vinci Review after 3 years

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by boykinhntr, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Seaark18

Seaark18 Senior Refuge Member

Agreed. It just seems like black Benellis rust even faster than other black guns. Not sure why, just an observation. There are spots on my SBE2 that are not coated, and I have to watch closely and keep them oiled or the rust starts very quickly.

2. tripleb

tripleb Elite Refuge Member

I've seen the same thing on SBE's ... the bluing appears to be very thin, something the guy running the local gunshop bluing operation would consider crappy work, especially for a gun which is so expensive.

3. Tar River Pirate

Tar River Pirate Senior Refuge Member

Not impressed by Benelli on this topic, which has me hoping since they have FINALLY offered a Left Hand in twenty gauge that has me salivating, BUT it is one of these "black" poorly finished looking deals. Probably wait to see if they will offer it in camo next year of I'll just bite and get it dipped or parkerized.

TRP

4. fat.eatingducks

fat.eatingducks Elite Refuge Member

I bought one of these on a whim, after lunching on sushi and saki. I was getting a little apprehension about the purchase when I sobered up, but after reading your posts, I'm thinking I got lucky on this impulse buy.
    Thanks guys.

ronaldo likes this.
  5. ronaldo

ronaldo Senior Refuge Member

This is 2nd season on my Vinci and I like it more than any other guns I have had. Cycles anything, wonderfully light to carry, points like a dream and recoil is lighter than I expected. Never have had an issue with the trigger guard bumping my middle finger and I am used to a Franchi safety in front of the trigger, so no problem there. Haven't really found anything that I don't like.