Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Bennelli SB3

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by meha king, Feb 8, 2017.

1. meha king

meha king Refuge Member

Since my original SBE is finally getting worn out from years of Blasting Ducks and Geese I think its time to get a new one. My dilemma is do I go with an SBE2 at a great price or the new SBE3.My brother and hunting partner said I should go with the SBE2 because of the one track record. I not sure Im sure some of you out there have an opinion or two , so lets hear it.:tu

2. JBdogboy

JBdogboy New Member

You shoot left handed that bigger bolt handle may mess up your sureshot with your peripheral vision. Your nephew (my son) said the same thing about going with the older model.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  3. onastring

onastring Refuge Member

I handled the SBE III, this past weekend. I've had the SBE II since it came out and love it. I don't need or want a new duck gun. I don't have any complaints about the II, so I was skeptical about the III being better.

But after handling it, if I were in the market, the SBE III would be at the top of the list. It felt great. I really liked the way it pointed/fit me. The new forearm felt more ergonomic. The scalloped trigger guard around the bolt hold open button is big improvement. I don't how much they messed with the inertia system to supposedly get rid of the Benelli click but I'd doubt it would be substantial enough to impact the reliability. The click isn't an issue for me on the II but I could definitely see it less likely to happen on the III. That said, it's still a rotating bolt so it could happen if you close the bolt gingerly enough. I don't have an issue with the bolt release on the II so the only thing I observed with the new bolt release is that it looked better. Asethically, the new shape fit the gun better in my opinion but I didn't think it felt larger. I wasn't able to load or shoot it so I can't assess the new loading port or cheek pad.

Is it worth the extra money? I'd get the one that fits you and feels the best. Who knows, you may like a different brand better now also.

4. Jerry

Jerry Elite Refuge Member

Same reasons Glock is on Gen 4.
    We live in good times for choices now. Will be interesting to see your pick

5. rism

rism Senior Refuge Member

Remington 870 express magnum- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. meha king

meha king Refuge Member

So bro , they do have them in left handed models. But you know I have been shooting right handed models since I was 13. If I go with an SBE2 should I see if there is one under the stairs at our folks house or do you think that some leaches have it ,,, like some of Pops other guns. The thing is you said I should get a new one and it may be the last one I get so do I get a left handed one for the first time in my life or get one at a good price …. Onastring thanks for the input . And Jerry you beyt I will post it ,Rism I just can't do a Remington again I already have an old sportsman 58 in a 16GA. and a 1187 that it seems I can't hit sh_t . so Benelli to me is like shooting Butter. I really thought I would hear more cons as apposed pros. on the subject. So its only Feb. 10th and the season starts in the end of October. So lets flip a coin or who knows were I can shoot the new one

7. keith_scumline

keith_scumline Elite Refuge Member

And it could be. Bit it better be SOME gun to be better than a SBE II. Just sayin'

8. THEIRCOMMITED10

THEIRCOMMITED10 |Moderator Fishing|Call Sponsor| Sponsor Moderator

If I was faced with your decision , I would get another original sbe . Still my favorite the III does not interest me one bit . Benelli went spaceship with their guns as did most companies , I don't care for it . The original is like an old steel muscle car classic , timeless .

9. JBdogboy

JBdogboy New Member

SBE2 Go with righthanded you trained your self to using it loading it clearing jams holding it. I don't think there is one under the stairs over there anymore that you or I can get or ever see again.Check Fox Vally gun club and range if their still around. Keep in touch

10. 81arnghunter

81arnghunter Refuge Member

I got a 2 going to get a 3 this year or next year. Nothing wrong with my two just like the bolt closing every time on the 3 and they feel sweet!