Berkeley

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by takemrarely, Aug 28, 2017.

1. takemrarely

takemrarely Elite Refuge Member

I hear the open minded, free speech loving left forgot to use their manners again.

Reported on Fox, missing on MSNBC that I could see.....

hmmmmm......

2. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

3. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

Black is the new white.

4. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

Unfortunately I think White is the new Black :confused:

widgeon likes this.
  5. blacktail

blacktail Elite Refuge Member

pintail2222 likes this.
  6. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

They throw a bone to Republicans/Conservatives every once in a while so they can say, "See! We aren't biased!"

API, pintail2222 and widgeon like this.
  7. widgeon

When I was young, the college kids at the time were saying "live and let live" and throwing peace signs. Things have sure changed!

8. widgeon

I was talking robes, but I get what you're saying.

9. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Now that is so wrong but accurate! Yet again the party of racism is alive and well in support of it!

10. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

So… My nephew (by marriage) is attending Berkeley for his second year…

Moved out of the dorms this year to find an apartment with a great lease price, and did a great deal of work to secure the lease (by himself) and find furnishings for the apartment. Five guys sharing a two-bedroom apartment (due to the outrageous cost of living near Berkeley).

One of the roommates who failed to contact him during the lease signing and while furnishing the apartment (although he only lives 40 minutes away), was outraged cause my nephew had purchased a larger bed.

Instead of addressing the issue with my nephew, he immediately called his father who got an attorney involved… The father of the boy called my nephew, and under no uncertain terms told him to get a new bed (wanted him to sign an agreement with absurd conditions) while threatening a law suit. (Seriously, you cannot make this stuff up). Fortunately for everyone involved, the solution turned out to be allowing the boy-child to break his lease and move out, while finding another roommate (which was easy to do, due to the low cost of the apartment).

My nephew, who previous to attending Berkeley, considered himself to be a liberal moderate, is now leaning far more towards being a conservative moderate. He is now planning on attending the Ben Shapiro presentation in Berkeley, and is bringing one of his more liberal friends…. (Hopefully Berkeley provides a safe environment for the speaker and the attendees).

According to some poles, there is currently a higher percentage of conservative college students currently, than ever previously noted. I believe that this is occurring in part as a reaction of dealing with the entitlement and ridiculously expectations of progressive left-leaning Millennials now attending university.

(And just as a note, my nephew, did purchase a new bed, and the roommates set up a bunk-bed situation to create more room in the bedroom. Upon purchasing the bed and putting it in the room, he had decided it was too large and was in the process of replacing it to create more room (before the boy’s father got involved). He insisted on handling the situation (with the boy’s father and attorney) himself, but came to myself and his parents for advice… His other roommates all backed him, and everyone involved (including his 3 other roommates) told him NOT to get a smaller bed to appease this kid).