Berkeley

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by takemrarely, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Dale C.

Dale C. Senior Refuge Member

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ire-charlottesville-crowd-arrested/608230001/

2. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

There is no logical reply to that situation... Anti-protester decides a homemade flamethrower is a good idea, white supremacist "pops a cap" in a crowd... And seemingly nobody cares? Astonishing that nobody was hit.

Tough to come up with a logical reply to such an illogical situation.

Guy with the gun should be arrested, but so should the guy with the fire... But, they are all voters.

3. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I wonder if the protesters on either side understand what the desired outcome or result of a protest or demonstration is?

Far as I knew, a demonstration or protest is supposed to create logical discourse in a manner that presents a point of view in which hopefully others can be prevailed upon to understand (and hopefully agree with) the point of view being presented…

It has been my experience, that a good “smack-down” rarely encourages others to see your point of view… In some cases they might succumb to it, but they will likely still not be in agreement with it…

Still... Admittedly, I'd probably watch (out of morbid curiosity) a good gladiator demonstration between ANTIFA and White Nationalists... I'd likely be the "whiniest," "complainiest" battle ever...

4. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Yup, growing up had a neigh or who was a religion fanatic. Sold all his cattle and farm machinery. Moved his family to Israel because he thought the world was going to end. Wanted to be in the promised land.

He beat his children and they submitted until they reached 18 then poof they all left. He is a good study on dialogue and discourse working. He was able to grasp he was wrong and make positive changes.

Lots of people get lost in the protest stuff losing all rationale thought process.

5. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Well, I guess that's a possible response to being attacked with potentially deadly improvised weapons in mass. Another would be gunfire, in mass. Whoever is perpetrating this entire movement is doing their best to get a lot of stupid kids killed, so the optic can be generated.....to incite even worse?

6. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

I guess you believe that monkeys can actually fly, too.

7. Ron Gilmore

What do you think the goal of ANTFI is or BLM?? It is not equality and if you believe it is then hey I have ocean property for sale just north east of Vegas!!

I find it so enlightening that people have no problem figuring out the end game of a neo Nazi group but somehow wet themselves in awe over the other two organizations I mentioned!

So come on hartfish tell us the justification of ANTIFI using violence at a peaceful rally where people where simply exercising the right of free speech! Tell us how BLM is not a hate group funded by back channel donations from Soros calling for the targeting and killing of police or others who don't hold the same political view!

Defend your claim!!! Or are you doing the drive by then run and hide stick!

8. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

Wow. You and almo should start a club.

9. Ron Gilmore

Come on then shoe us all I am wrong hartfish. Pony up or are you doing the leftist dodge?

10. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

& you sir, should take your blinders off & open your eyes.