Best 2 man layout boat?

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by big n nasty, May 16, 2014.

1. tsmart

tsmart Elite Refuge Member

Shadows?
    Shadows don't seem to bother the ducks.

"Behind you!"
    "Shoot them two ducks!!" :D

T.

2. drake1199

drake1199 Refuge Member

I have to agree about the shadows. Look across the whole bay that the lake bonneville boat is floating in. Do you see any other shadows?

3. Tealer

Tealer Senior Refuge Member

When your on calmer waters those shadows look bad. Does it make a difference, sometimes I think it does.

4. Nelliboy2

Nelliboy2 Elite Refuge Member

13'x87" is the dimensions

5. eriegunner

eriegunner Senior Refuge Member

tried the whole 2 man layout and if your in a area of rough water tender rides don't buy one. Buy (2) busick style boats and you can change angle of shooters in your spread. The safety factor of handling 2 mans in my opinion is a dangerous risk. we have put 2 busicks together and made 2 bars to lock them together across the bow and aft cleat if you have youth hunters to keep your tabs on.

6. TonyH

TonyH Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Eriegunner,

We have this conversation with everyone who calls about the 2 man boats. Don't get me wrong they have there place but that is generally in a guides boat that is plenty big to handle the 2 man layout. I still prefer 2 singles over a double personally. As you stated you can manuever the singles to hide in the spread better and still put them tight together if you prefer. :tu 9 times out of ten we convince the customer to go 2 singles and they are very happy with the end results.